Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Budget' Garage Make-Over

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    Please has anyone got a 'pimp of the year' garage complete with spider and mirrored ceiling
    Not me. I've got a full indoor golf sim in there instead. That garage is from a guy on Fchat

Name
    attilio

Quote Originally Posted by AJ3XX View Post
    Guessed you pop up ! Haven't you got a pizza oven to build ..... Like MINE !
    Work in progress, I'm still at the thinking stage, in my head it's all finished

Name
    Carl

AJ.
    If you haven't done it already, seal the floor. Keep the dust down to a minimum. Putting down either vinyl/plastic tiles act as great insulation too. The insulation you've got on the ceiling works well on the back of a garage door. Draught proof the garage door and you probably won't even need to put the heater on. I bought a few pics F1 off eBay, framed them for little cost. Would go well on that side wall.
    The sign looks epic btw. I've still got my "Ferrari " to mount. That's the easy part . Where it goes????

AJ3XX is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Carlo348 View Post
    AJ.
    If you haven't done it already, seal the floor. Keep the dust down to a minimum. Putting down either vinyl/plastic tiles act as great insulation too. The insulation you've got on the ceiling works well on the back of a garage door. Draught proof the garage door and you probably won't even need to put the heater on. I bought a few pics F1 off eBay, framed them for little cost. Would go well on that side wall.
    The sign looks epic btw. I've still got my "Ferrari " to mount. That's the easy part . Where it goes????
    Thanks

I was looking for some vinyl tiles but there are so many on the market - anyone found a decent tile for reasonable price ?
    Ferrari 348 - "still stands out from a crowd but yet still fits in” - Randy Stetson

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by AJ3XX View Post
    Thanks

I was looking for some vinyl tiles but there are so many on the market - anyone found a decent tile for reasonable price ?
    It's the 'reasonable price' bit you may struggle with. I looked into them but found it cheaper to get a stone floor put down (slate so no dust) in opus pattern. Can provide pics if you want, result was pretty good.

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

Andy it looks neat. I still have that same sign boxed up in the original packing. IIRC I got it around this time last year. The second picture is the box containing said sign

I still need to do plenty but I do have a cabinet in at the back of the garage, just to the right of the first image. I still have lots to do. There is a cabinet in the box on the floor almost next to the sign (out of view) and one on the other side of the full height cupboard but that does not even have the door on yet. Missus seems to have taken that over as an extension to the kitchen cupboards .
    I have a auto door opener somewhere but it is never going to fit.

AJ.
    Never thought of that. I've just bought a rubber seal for the garage floor as I seem to be getting leaves a plenty and there is a definite draught if the door to the hallway is not closed properly. The door kind of has side baffles as in bits of plastic that sit on the frame when the door is closed, hardly seals the gap though. Does anybody recommend anything better?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Name
    Carl

Top of the garage door wiil be draughty too.i cleaned the edges up and used rolls of draught excluder.1 on frame/1on door so they just touch, but taking care ot doesnt affect rhe gap closure. Its fiddly but cuts out the draught. Problem with these doors are in the winter they act like a big freezer unit conducting the cold in. Unless you insulate them. http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12...07a89ec23e.jpg

Aj tiles i used were motile. They work well and are easy to lay. A single garage costs approx £450 to do it. I guess not quite low budget. Ebay sometimes can help with excess/used stocks popping up time to tme.
    Last edited by Carlo348; 08-12-2015 at 09:20 AM.

mon the fish is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

I painted mine a chequered flag pattern. Sealed the concrete, then used a carpet tile as a template to paint using garage floor paint - £20 a tin rings a bell.

It has stood up well over the last 4 years, minimal lifting under the tyres

Name
    Geoff T

Quote Originally Posted by MalcH View Post
    Andy it looks neat. I still have that same sign boxed up in the original packing. IIRC I got it around this time last year. The second picture is the box containing said sign

I still need to do plenty but I do have a cabinet in at the back of the garage, just to the right of the first image. I still have lots to do. There is a cabinet in the box on the floor almost next to the sign (out of view) and one on the other side of the full height cupboard but that does not even have the door on yet. Missus seems to have taken that over as an extension to the kitchen cupboards .
    I have a auto door opener somewhere but it is never going to fit.

Never thought of that. I've just bought a rubber seal for the garage floor as I seem to be getting leaves a plenty and there is a definite draught if the door to the hallway is not closed properly. The door kind of has side baffles as in bits of plastic that sit on the frame when the door is closed, hardly seals the gap though. Does anybody recommend anything better?
    I can recomend an insulated roller shutter door by Horman (German company) and floor tiles from Mototile in Fareham, I've used their standard tiles, choice of colours and style, they provide a design service and are very helpful, but if your floor is not very flat then it will need latexing.

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

Top of the garage door wiil be draughty too.i cleaned the edges up and used rolls of draught excluder.1 on frame/1on door so they just touch, but taking care ot doesnt affect rhe gap closure. Its fiddly but cuts out the draught. Problem with these doors are in the winter they act like a big freezer unit conducting the cold in. Unless you insulate them. http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12...07a89ec23e.jpg

Aj tiles i used were motile. They work well and are easy to lay. A single garage costs approx £450 to do it. I guess not quite low budget. Ebay sometimes can help with excess/used stocks popping up time to tme.
    Cheers. I will try the draught excluder strip for the door for this year. I have a floor for now, cheap but functional.

Quote Originally Posted by mon the fish View Post
    I painted mine a chequered flag pattern. Sealed the concrete, then used a carpet tile as a template to paint using garage floor paint - £20 a tin rings a bell.

It has stood up well over the last 4 years, minimal lifting under the tyres
    That sounds good, I'd make a right hash of painting it no doubt . I have sealed the concrete and put down a vinyl chequer floor for now. Glued it down so it does not move. It does leave tyre marks where the car has sat for even a few days. Eventually I'll sort something better out.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffpfc View Post
    I can recomend an insulated roller shutter door by Horman (German company) and floor tiles from Mototile in Fareham, I've used their standard tiles, choice of colours and style, they provide a design service and are very helpful, but if your floor is not very flat then it will need latexing.
    Door sounds good. Floor is perfectly flat, its only three years old in Feb next year. It would also mean my auto door opener/closer would work on that type of door I'm sure.
    Last edited by MalcH; 11-12-2015 at 11:56 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast