Thread: so what is there to do ??

markst is offline You thought the Enzo was ugly? - The Ferrari FXX
    Name
    Mark

Default so what is there to do ??

Silly question I know, but having never been, and not really followed it, I just wonder what people do all the time - esp as you cannot watch the race all the time.

is it just one big piss up ? , and why do people get there so early ?

Murph7355 is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Murph

Quote Originally Posted by markst View Post
    Silly question I know, but having never been, and not really followed it, I just wonder what people do all the time - esp as you cannot watch the race all the time.

is it just one big piss up ? , and why do people get there so early ?
    Yes.

And for the piss up

Name
    Stephen Fowell

Default Le Mans 2016

Sunday Scrutinising in the Town - Get really close to the cars

Monday Scrutinising in the Town

Wednesday - 4 pm until midnight - Practice and qualifying

Thursday - 4 pm until midnight - Practice and qualifying

Friday pit walk - 10 am to 8 pm - You can get a lot closer to the cars than FI

All day Friday visit Saint Saturnin - Great British welcome - Free display of cars and attractions.

Friday evening - Drivers Parade - opportunity to see the drivers without helmets and signing autographs.

Saturday /Sunday - The Race

We also show all other sporting events on Large HD screens including this year the euros and also concurrently Practice /Qualifying and the race itself and on Sunday the Grand prix.Much better value than F1

Enjoy Bistro style food in Café Virage and our new outside bar serving Charcuterie and Cheese boards.

Enjoy a couple of pints of our own Ale on the Curves - Produced by the Lancaster Brewery.Name:  pUMPS.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  23.8 KB

Enjoy our live Band on Friday and Sunday night.

Use our free Minibus Service to visit other parts of the circuit and the attractions and Shops in the Village.

Make use of the International Kart Track

Play a round of Golf on the local Golf Course.

Visit the Iconic Fair

Watch the Concerts on the large stage.

Plenty to occupy your time .

Stephen
    Last edited by The Curves; 09-01-2016 at 12:19 AM.

Mulc is offline Girl's Porsche Boxster Club Member
    Name
    Malcolm

Not strictly true markst. I know of hardcore racing fans who watch the full twenty four, not only that, some of them even do the full lap chart!!!! If one day you get to visit the holy grail of motorsport, may I suggest you join Club Arnage (google the website). They are extremely friendly and helpful, and the Bretheren sure know how to party.
    I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.

Name
    Stephen Fowell

Default Le Mans 2016

Club Arnage Guide which can be downloaded each year is a great document.

The only issue which I would have is that it is limited on giving a information on private sites, obviously this is important to give a balanced view of what is on offer.

Beermountain and Pistonheads can be useful forums but again some of the site guides are outdated but as they are reliant on participants providing the data they can only publish what they are sent.
    Stephen & Joy

www.lycianevents.com

Name
    ian

Get there thursday afternoon...get a parking permit sorted fir the white carpark. Beer and le mans town.
    Friday. Run down mulsanne as fast as you can avoiding police. Walk around pits and look at cars. Lunch in Arnage watching everyone cruise by.
    More beer in the evening.
    Saturday morning hopefully youve booked for the two laps around le mans circuit.
    Watch start of race , have lunch and wander around all day. .. Bugatti circuit fir car clubs etc.
    Saturday night watch cars near dusk near arnage as they accelerate aound sharp corner.. More food.
    Sunday have another wander around .. Watch wnd if race then go for a drive ..
    Monday lunch in Saumer.
    Tuesday come home if you want..

Name
    Mal

That sounds like the classic and not the 24 hour

JohnJStewart is offline Only useful for school runs - The Ferrari 308GT4 Club Member
    Name
    John Stewart

Default I'll be there in the Fezza.....

Buy camping in advance - we almost didn't get in last year.....

Take frozen food surrounded by beer - it's a pain driving in an out of the campsites.....

Watch out for the police - in the last 2 years they have lost their dis-interest in speeding supercars and have started fining you for spirited driving. Remember more than 30kph above the limit and they could confiscate your car/license.

It's great fun - as long as it stays dry......

PM me if you want more info or to meet up.

Name
    Geoff T

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJStewart View Post
    Buy camping in advance - we almost didn't get in last year.....

Take frozen food surrounded by beer - it's a pain driving in an out of the campsites.....

Watch out for the police - in the last 2 years they have lost their dis-interest in speeding supercars and have started fining you for spirited driving. Remember more than 30kph above the limit and they could confiscate your car/license.

It's great fun - as long as it stays dry......

PM me if you want more info or to meet up.
    And thanks to the EAW rules you can be extradited for breaking the speed limit and languish behind bars whilst waiting for a court date - "don't yer jest lurve" the benefit that being in the EU brings to our securite'.

The European Arrest Warrant (EAW) is an arrest warrant valid throughout all member states of the European Union (EU). Once issued, it requires another member state to arrest and transfer a criminal suspect or sentenced person to the issuing state so that the person can be put on trial or complete a detention period. and some of these "crimes" are not an arrestable offence in the UK

JohnJStewart is offline Only useful for school runs - The Ferrari 308GT4 Club Member
    Name
    John Stewart

Default Le Mans

Quote Originally Posted by geoffpfc View Post
    And thanks to the EAW rules you can be extradited for breaking the speed limit and languish behind bars whilst waiting for a court date - "don't yer jest lurve" the benefit that being in the EU brings to our securite'.

The European Arrest Warrant (EAW) is an arrest warrant valid throughout all member states of the European Union (EU). Once issued, it requires another member state to arrest and transfer a criminal suspect or sentenced person to the issuing state so that the person can be put on trial or complete a detention period. and some of these "crimes" are not an arrestable offence in the UK
    Definitely lost the fun side of the event - it's all about corporate and sponsorship now - the race is still fun but the shenanigans have gone. Last year we even found Arnage to be very quiet. No water pistols, no doughnuts, nothing.