Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Boxster or Cayman

Name
    spice

Syder has been sold , still got well over list for it and had 1000 fun miles , 488 arriving next spring not sure I can part with the 355 though so looks like the Carrera will be going as well .

Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by markst View Post
    i hate to say it, but having just spent the afternoon at the Porsche Centre at Silverstone driving a pdk Cayman , I quite like that gearbox.

and I'm a diehard manual fan.
    My wife and I were at the Porsche experience centre on the 6th for the 718 drive.....first time there, great facility! Nice food too

I had a 981 Cayman S before my F430 & was really unsure about the 4 cylinder cars, but decided to go with an open mind. All I can say is they are very impressive. Yes, the noise could be better, but they don't exactly sound terrible....nothing like any YouTube video I've seen anyway!

Oh, and I'm with you Mark, I thought the pdk was a cracker too.....my own car was a manual. By the way, which group were you with? We were there at 1.00.

Name
    Geoff T

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodo View Post
    Too funny

The 360 was designed as an F1 car. The three pedal variant was offered to keep the oldies happy
    Sorry to differ, but when I spoke to Lucca he definitely said that the F1 was put on the road cars to make them more appealing to the ladies and those males who can only pass the "auto" car driving test

markst is offline You thought the Enzo was ugly? - The Ferrari FXX Club Member
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by 348Marky View Post

Oh, and I'm with you Mark, I thought the pdk was a cracker too.....my own car was a manual. By the way, which group were you with? We were there at 1.00.
    I was there for the 3.15 group - although we got there early and had a lovely cup of tea.

yes , I thought for that set up the pdk was the car to have - be interesting how I get on with the manual

Name
    cgt

Quote Originally Posted by markst View Post
    I was there for the 3.15 group - although we got there early and had a lovely cup of tea.

yes , I thought for that set up the pdk was the car to have - be interesting how I get on with the manual
    Who was your instructor? Dickie Attwood works there too.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Name
    Mark

Guy called Eddie IIRC........

Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by geoffpfc View Post
    Chalk'n'Cheese The F1 is last century's technology the PDK is on a completely different level, you need to look at a 458 or 488 if you want the same experience.

The F1 is an afterthought designed to appeal to the "Ladies" in the same way that Tiptronic was added to the 911

BTW do you have a bus pass yet
    not yet..........had a haircut mind ,.

whoops, that's what I meant - a DSG / PDK gearbox I could just about live with.

Mind you , my 718 Cayman has arrived at the dealership and I'm picking it up on Tuesday .....

be interesting to see how I like the manual gearbox, someone told me its the only one they have had delivered so far .

tonyh is offline Bus station dosser Club Member
    Name
    Tony H

hi Mark
    how are you finding the 718 ?

Name
    Mark

Hey Tony,

Lovely car !! I will send you some pics....

mind you I've bought a manual and I do wonder about the turbo lag in a pdk...

would I have another - def

Name
    Mark

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  99.4 KB

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910