Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bit of fun: Which would you pick?

Name
    P J

Default Bit of fun: Which would you pick?

Sample questionnaire of those in the know (ie you!):

Which of these would you buy and why if you had to have one?

1) LHD 348 GTS - 40k miles, Red/Tan, FSH, new belts, pristine condition - retrim, full body respray (no damage). Price - early 40s

2) RHD Mondial T - 31k miles, Red/Tan, FSH, new belts, excellent condition in every way. Price - high 40s

3) RHD 355 Spider Manual - 65k miles, Yellow/Black, FSH, new belts, pristine condition - full body paint (no damage). Price - mid 60s

?????? :-)

Name
    Simon

No 1.
    Great colour combo, rarity, sound, style.

markst is offline You thought the Enzo was ugly? - The Ferrari FXX Super Moderator
    Name
    Mark

imho - its the 355 every day of the week.

why, well the 355 is a better car than the 348, and a Mondial is not as pretty

mon the fish is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

2 or 3 for me. I'm not keen on LHD, and am not keen on open top cars that were designed as closed cars - so I'd only look at Boxsters, Z4 etc.

This is obviously a negative point of the F355 for me, but it is a manual F355...

I've always had a soft spot for the Mondial T - 348 engine, with 4 seats and 2 boots. Practical, family motoring

Name
    Dave McGuire

its a 3 for me.

Name
    Russell

In this order for me 3,2,1

3. I have a 355, love it.

2. Unusual, understated, elegant and room for the kids

1. Couldn't get on with a LHD on uk roads.

Name
    jos

1 would be most fun 2 might be nice if it had a sunroof and however beautiful a 355 can be I don't want another although this might appreciate most

dave964 is offline No I'm Spartacus Club Member
    Name
    Dave

I wouldn't use my own money to buy any of them. But if I somebody else was paying, I'd have the 355. Still one of the best looking Ferrari's.

348 GTS would be second I guess, but a long way second - I'm with the "don't like LHD" crowd, unless you're talking about something so special I can't get it in RHD.

Mondial has never really been to my taste. Ferrari's should be beautiful, and it..... isn't.

Kyodo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by dave964 View Post
    I wouldn't use my own money to buy any of them. But if I somebody else was paying, I'd have the 355.
    +1
    I'm with this 100%. I would rather eat my mountain bike than pay high 40s for a LHD Mondial (even though I do like them), but the yellow 355 is a bit to, erm… yellow. I like the 348 but it wasn't in pristine condition otherwise it wouldn't have been painted

Each will have their merits and if someone else was paying I'd happily have all three

Name
    P J

Some interesting comments there!

Seems like the 355 is the most desirable but has enough against it in colour and mileage to make it unattractive at the price! I note there's a red/crema 355 spider for sale at Kent Ferrari for 80k with mid 50s on the clock.....

Jos - I'm interested to know why you wouldn't have another 355? Wallet burning??

The 348 - I've only driven one, and it probably wasn't set up right because it handled like a nasty TVR at speed. Personally I love red/tan and am a sucker for the targa top 348/355 look.

The Mondial T's proportions make it a bit of a marmite car I guess but I personally think they are ageing well and a T can be made to sound pretty amazing (just as a 348 can).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast