Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No more free F1 from 2019

Name
    jos

Default No more free F1 from 2019

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/sk...eement-681864/

Well actually thats not true - two or three free races plus qualifying & highlights

Name
    cgt

Further proof how out of touch Bernie is with the public sentiment. He has done a great job of burying F1 in recent times.

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by cgt View Post
    Further proof how out of touch Bernie is with the public sentiment. He has done a great job of burying F1 in recent times.
    I just think it shows that Bernie is less interested in the British viewers than the worldwide audience. Everything seems to be about expanding F1 to new markets rather than being concerned about the more traditional F1 heartlands. Given where the majority of teams are based I find decisions like this a little odd......... there again I find Bernie a tad odd so I guess it all makes sense in a bit of a nonsensical way.

mon the fish is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

What a coincidence - we've just cancelled Sky due to the price going up again.

Not that I've been watching much F1 the last couple of years, WEC is much better

Name
    Geoff T

Quote Originally Posted by mon the fish View Post
    What a coincidence - we've just cancelled Sky due to the price going up again.

Not that I've been watching much F1 the last couple of years, WEC is much better
    It's possible to watch F1 and footie via pirate websites

Name
    cgt

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    I just think it shows that Bernie is less interested in the British viewers than the worldwide audience. Everything seems to be about expanding F1 to new markets rather than being concerned about the more traditional F1 heartlands. Given where the majority of teams are based I find decisions like this a little odd......... there again I find Bernie a tad odd so I guess it all makes sense in a bit of a nonsensical way.
    The same business model is being followed around the world. I wonder how the Mercedes board will look at the rapidly declining viewership in relation to their investment. If they have 4 or 5 straight championships they have proved their point and anyway are not in it for fun, only to sell road cars.

If they decide that money can be spent on better advertising elsewhere they will pull the plug, just as BMW and Toyota did.

Bernie and CVC have truly f***ed the sport and the irony is that neither will probably be around in three or four years time to see the results of what they have done.

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

A bit of a poor show. I don't have Sky and although I;m tempted to go for a basic package (I currently do not have a reliable method of recording TV) I might be as well to just buy a recordable Freeview box.

AJ3XX is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    Andy

I have Sky at the moment in Essex but thinking of dropping it soon as it's just too expensive for 10 races, especially as I'm likely to be at the Isle of Wight place for half of them where I don't have Sky.

Like Geoff, I've 'seen' perfectly good, albeit slightly dodgy streams for footy and F1. It's worth investing in a cheap laptop just to stream this stuff and then run it through your tv with a HDMI lead. The sights are dodgy and there's a chance of viruses .... hence cheap laptop dedicated for it to take away risk of buggering up your main PC. Soon pay for itself if you're paying £40 for sky ... Of course I've never done this as it is illegal but I hear that some folk do ........

I watched the channel 4 highlights Sunday because I wasn't getting up at 4am ! It was awful with soooo many adverts.
    Ferrari 348 - "still stands out from a crowd but yet still fits in” - Randy Stetson

Name
    attilio

Quote Originally Posted by AJ3XX View Post
    I have Sky at the moment in Essex but thinking of dropping it soon as it's just too expensive for 10 races, especially as I'm likely to be at the Isle of Wight place for half of them where I don't have Sky.

Like Geoff, I've 'seen' perfectly good, albeit slightly dodgy streams for footy and F1. It's worth investing in a cheap laptop just to stream this stuff and then run it through your tv with a HDMI lead. The sights are dodgy and there's a chance of viruses .... hence cheap laptop dedicated for it to take away risk of buggering up your main PC. Soon pay for itself if you're paying £40 for sky ... Of course I've never done this as it is illegal but I hear that some folk do ........

I watched the channel 4 highlights Sunday because I wasn't getting up at 4am ! It was awful with soooo many adverts.
    Haven't you got sky go?that way you can watch it on the Isle if Wight. has electricity reached the island yet

AJ3XX is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by attilio 348 View Post
    Haven't you got sky go?that way you can watch it on the Isle if Wight. has electricity reached the island yet
    We get electric on Tuesdays & Friday's only.
    Ferrari 348 - "still stands out from a crowd but yet still fits in” - Randy Stetson

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast