Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: No more free F1 from 2019

AJ3XX is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by jos View Post
    Surely if there is an illegal stream there has to be a legal source ? Someone somewhere is providing that feed and they would not be doing it unless they could monetise
    The illegal streams are inundated with ads and pop-ups. They're pretty awful to watch to be fair and some of them are just laptops with camera facing a TV showing the matches / races.

All Premiership matches are televised and shown free in many other countries in Far East and USA I believe.
    Ferrari 348 - "still stands out from a crowd but yet still fits in” - Randy Stetson

Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Premiership football is a cheap as chips in the US via cable.....no real demand for it whereas here we now have BT & Sky bidding against each other.

Cancel your Sky Sports and move to Plusnet. If everyone did it, it would be free within 2 years....

Name
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    Premiership football is a cheap as chips in the US via cable.....no real demand for it whereas here we now have BT & Sky bidding against each other.

Cancel your Sky Sports and move to Plusnet. If everyone did it, it would be free within 2 years....
    Isn't Plusnet cable TV ? Out in the sticks we don't have that option

I have Sky & BT but they only show a handful of games per week.
    Ferrari 348 - "still stands out from a crowd but yet still fits in” - Randy Stetson

Kyodo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mark

Surely if there is an illegal stream there has to be a legal source ? Someone somewhere is providing that feed and they would not be doing it unless they could monetise
    Not sure about that! It's usually somebody feeding their own Sky feed to a web server streaming service

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post

Name
    Geoff T

Quote Originally Posted by AJ3XX View Post
    Isn't Plusnet cable TV ? Out in the sticks we don't have that option

I have Sky & BT but they only show a handful of games per week.
    Plusnet's a broadband provider which just happens to be "owned" by BT

Name
    Geoff T

Yes there are legal streams it's just that they're only broadcast to other countries, the pirates are streaming footie from Norway, the middle east etc. so not only do you get free footie you can also learn a foreign language although I'm not sure that the chant "the referees a w****r" in Norwegian is going to help with a visit to Oslo

Murph7355 is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Murph

Quote Originally Posted by AJ3XX View Post
    A full monopoly over viewing is unfair and they'll take advantage. I admire your view on piracy, especially on music & film but in this case, it's just not the same.
    It's no different whatsoever. You aren't paying for a service that you are using. Quit trying to justify it by boohooing about the evil capitalist oppressors

If people stop watching it, maybe F1 will burn itself out and an alternative formula might spring up taking everything back to its roots...who knows.

Name
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Murph7355 View Post
    It's no different whatsoever. You aren't paying for a service that you are using. Quit trying to justify it by boohooing about the evil capitalist oppressors

If people stop watching it, maybe F1 will burn itself out and an alternative formula might spring up taking everything back to its roots...who knows.
    It's completely different - who has complete monopoly over music & film ?? No one - you can buy, stream or download it from a huge amount of companies and that is apparent by the low prices now - this thread is about Sky having the full viewing rights to F1, which is wrong.

I'm not actually streaming F1 as you say - I'm just pointing out that I would consider it if Sky get full coverage and then abuse this with outrageous charges.

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

I ditched my Freesat Linux box yesterday. Gave it to a colleague/pal at work. In exchange he put Kodi on my Firestick (which I have bought purely for Prime when Clarkson and co air).
    I noticed a stream for F1. I saw Damon Hill on a talk show for about 40 seconds then he went into suspended animation

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by MalcH View Post
    I saw Damon Hill on a talk show for about 40 seconds then he went into suspended animation
    It was working just fine

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast