• EU - what's that ?? I will make my mind up on the day

3 5.77%
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: EU - in or out

markst is offline You thought the Enzo was ugly? - The Ferrari FXX
    Name
    Mark

Default EU - in or out

Having thought about it for 2 minutes - which is prob the attention span of Cameron. I thought we should have a thread / poll on the biggest question facing us today....

...and I don't mean do we need a dehumidifier or not.

but rather a thread where people can voice their opinions without fear of ridiculed - for or against.

imho most people are in favour of a common market, but not the political integration - which if Ted Heath had been honest most people would have voted against joining - and to think we let De Gaulle Enter Paris first .

I'm voting to leave.

Name
    Paul

Leave as soon as possible!

Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

My heart says out, my head says in otherwise the b'stards will stiff us all the more......

Do we get out more than we put in? Or is that a selfish way of looking at it (like the French farmers do )

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by markst View Post
    but rather a thread where people can voice their opinions without fear of ridiculed .......
    On CS? Are you sure that's wise?!?!

Edit: just read the poll questions, let's hope that's how they word it in the referendum

Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    On CS? Are you sure that's wise?!?!

Edit: just read the poll questions, let's hope that's how they word it in the referendum
    personally this looks like a real cock up by Cameron. I think he would have been better to just hold a referendum with no so called "new deal". Then , if everybody voted to leave he might actually have got some real concessions.

GrahamS is offline Crop rotation in the 14th century was CONSIDERABLY more widespread after John... Admin dude
    Name
    GrandmasterG

The undecided folk will sway this. I think the yes/no camp are about even with a good few percent undecided depending on which poll you believe. It's more natural for the undecided to sway towards maintaining the status quo as it's a "safer" option than voting for the unknown

Trouble with the EU is there is no actual status quo, it keeps on moving the goalposts on a daily basis

KenC is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by markst View Post
    personally this looks like a real cock up by Cameron. I think he would have been better to just hold a referendum with no so called "new deal". Then , if everybody voted to leave he might actually have got some real concessions.
    As I understand it if we vote to leave we must leave. It would be unconstitutional to ignore the result of a referendum so it is not an option to get concessions and stay.

sweeni is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    David Todd

And how many of the UK population actually understand exactly what the EU is all about, very few I would wager.
    Frankly I do not think the populace is qualified to vote on the matter, although I do understand why we are being given the chance.
    "When Lance "cries" on Oprah , spare a thought for all of those genuine people who walked away with no reward just shattered dreams. Each one of them is worth a thousand Lances"

sssdu01 is offline No I'm Spartacus Committee Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

Well the French and Germans are crapping themselves at the prospect of us leaving ........ that's a good reason to vote out

Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by KenC View Post
    As I understand it if we vote to leave we must leave. It would be unconstitutional to ignore the result of a referendum so it is not an option to get concessions and stay.
    I quite agree - but if he had just gone for the vote without trying to get a better deal - and lost - then he would have got a much better deal as he might have had something to negotiate with.

Either way I would have voted to leave, as fundamentally I think being in is a mistake

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast