Thread: Thanks

francisn is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Admin dude
    Name
    Francis Newman

Default Thanks

A few months ago I applied to the comms for some support for a half marathon that my son intended to run. Although he is not a member here my son has been a lifelong Ferrari enthusiast, accompanying me to numerous events and Grand Prix before marriage and kids got in the way.

The comms agreed that my son's half marathon fell within the guidelines and offered £250 sponsorship. My son duly ran the half marathon in a creditable time for a first effort of 1 hour 45 min.

He sent me this message to post here.

“Thanks very much for sponsoring my half marathon run for Mind, which I completed in 1h45. Your sponsorship also pushed me over my £1k target to reach £1200; so I am very grateful for it.

Mind helps anyone with a mental health problem with advice and support, as well as raising awareness and promoting understanding. With 1 in 4 people in the UK experiencing a mental health problem each year, it's a really worthy cause in high demand.”

Kind Regards,

Tommy

Thanks to all on here for supporting my son's effort.

Francis

AndrewE is offline Hey look at that Peugot 406! Oh no it's a Ferrari 360 Club Member
    Name
    Andrew

mon the fish is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

Has he got the running bug - marathon next?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

AndrewE is offline Hey look at that Peugot 406! Oh no it's a Ferrari 360 Club Member
    Name
    Andrew

My son did his first 1/2 Marathon a month ago - hilly course as the quick runners were completing in 1hr 12mins - Chris did it in 1 37 - very pleased

But then he does do loads of cross country for school and now club

- i don't get the running thing myself and those that have met me will know that!

F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

I'd also like to thank the Club for making a generous contribution to my Daughter's, Susan, involvement in Skiing with Heroes next January.

Susan is a complete Ferrari nut and often drives my cars to events, she's also a staunch supporter of the Supercar event giving up both days to Marshal over the last few Years and has driven in previous Years

Mike01606 is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Some ask what you get for the 10 quid annual subscription....
    For me this is what iforums should be all about and I see the membership subs as a charity donation....

Well done to the committee for managing this.....and to those that give there time for the benefit of others....just brilliant

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

francisn is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Admin dude
    Name
    Francis Newman

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    Some ask what you get for the 10 quid annual subscription....
    For me this is what iforums should be all about and I see the membership subs as a charity donation....

Well done to the committee for managing this.....and to those that give there time for the benefit of others....just brilliant

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks Mike :-)

markst is offline You thought the Enzo was ugly? - The Ferrari FXX Super Moderator
    Name
    Mark

glad we could help out !