Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tesla Model S

candellara is offline You thought the Enzo was ugly? - The Ferrari FXX Club Member
    Name
    Candellara

Default Tesla Model S

Having spent a weekend in Amsterdam i couldn't help but notice the sheer volume of EV's

The Tesla Model S was as common as an E Class. After reading up, it appears that The Netherlands are banning the sale of petrol & diesel new cars as of 2025 (along with Norway, Sweden etc) and Germany following suit in 2030

I think "the transition" will happen before then judging on the popularity of EV's in Amsterdam

I'm now seriously contemplating a Model S P90 as my next car. I really like the styling / interior and the performance is astonishing. Anyone own one?

markst is offline You thought the Enzo was ugly? - The Ferrari FXX
    Name
    Mark

2025 ......that's not far off at all !!!

candellara is offline You thought the Enzo was ugly? - The Ferrari FXX Club Member
    Name
    Candellara

Quote Originally Posted by markst View Post
    2025 ......that's not far off at all !!!

Mark - i stand corrected. Apparently these Governments have only passed bills / resolutions that call for bans. FWIW, i think that the uptake of EV's is getting popular and i'd quite happily run a Model S

Name
    spacecowboy

Yes we have a 2014 Model S 85 thoughts:

Amazing acceleration, easily quiet, fantastic technology.
    No congestion charge, no road tax, buy through a company, very low company car tax(for now). Our company got 100% first year capital allowance on the then cost of the car (not sure if that is still available now)

Claimed range of 300 miles in principle average driving is no more than 230 on a full charge, 210 when it is cold.
    Very suspect build quality, ours has been in under warranty at least 6 times for a variety of issues since we bought it new in july14. On the plus side the service centers do offer a very good service in terms of collection, courtesy car etc.
    Early models have no autopilot: some might see this as a good thing!
    We went for 2 rear facing seats in the boot, our kids are now too large for them at 8 years of age and won't use them.
    Not to be put off we are trading the model S for an X in q1 2017, so I suppose that is a vote of endorsement for the company and the products.

francisn is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Admin dude
    Name
    Francis Newman

I have a couple of friends (both Ferrari owners) who have Tesla S and just love them. I have had a few rides in them and they are truly amazing. I have to say they are amazing bits of kit and if I had the money I would buy one

Name
    Geoff T

Don't laugh, but I had a look at the Nissan Leaf for my wife,, obviously not in the same class as a Tesla, but quite impressive, the downside for me was the very strong advice from the sales guy to have a PCP, I always pay cash, the reason being the massive depreciation, the cynics on here will say he only wanted the commission

l wonder what the depreciation is like with other EV's

Kyodo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by irvinest View Post
    No congestion charge, no road tax, buy through a company, very low company car tax(for now). Our company got 100% first year capital allowance on the then cost of the car (not sure if that is still available now)
    Just to throw a spanner in the works, all of the above will change once cars of this type are the norm rather than the exception. They are the future though, whether we like it or not and they'll only get better. I just hope they continue to improve them as cars rather than trying to turn them into self-thinking robots.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffpfc;811732l
    wonder what the depreciation is like with other EV's
    They'll depreciate to near zero once the batteries are shot. Hopefully there'll be third-parties who embrace this market to supply replacements for less than the price of the second-hand car.
    Last edited by Kyodo; 08-11-2016 at 10:21 AM.

Name
    Candellara

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodo View Post

They'll depreciate to near zero once the batteries are shot. Hopefully there'll be third-parties who embrace this market to supply replacements for less than the price of the second-hand car.
    I think Tesla is planning to reuse the car batteries in home applications as part of Tesla Powerwall.

There's a few guys at work that have deposits in on the Tesla Model 3. A Model S would suit me perfectly as there are large incentives such as the BIK rate and i can charge the car at work. a 200 mile ish range would work perfectly as even when driving to Hamburg, i just need an hours lunch / Supercharge enroute in The Netherlands and all Tesla charge points in Europe are currently free

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv3zYzl0kMQ
    Last edited by candellara; 08-11-2016 at 11:28 AM.

Kyodo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by candellara View Post
    I think Tesla is planning to reuse the car batteries in home applications as part of Tesla Powerwall.
    Hopefully they'll work out the best way forward for the customers. I do believe it'll be the future for us all, especially if they can get over that sticking point.

Quote Originally Posted by candellara View Post
    ...and all Tesla charge points in Europe are currently free
    They won't be once the user-base is large enough. Enjoy the benefits whilst they're here!

Name
    jos

It'll be gone sooner than you think https://www.wired.com/2016/11/tesla-...free-charging/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast