Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 348ts 1992 for sale.

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Jagman View Post
    Same with colour isnt it. ferraris come in great colours, my personal favourite is Grigio silverstone (or grey in english).
    But when it comes to parting with cash do we default to red just because its easier to sell on later
    Yes.

It's called 'Resale Red' for a reason

Name
    cgt

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    It's been owned between Autofficina and now on ebay, Faisal, it's not been on the market that whole time.

Regarding mileage, it's the same old thing - it's not how you as a buyer think the mileage will effect the value, it's how you think the next buyer may see it. Shame really but there you go.
    Not sure that's correct, Autofficina had it on SOR for the chap who bought it from Phil, first appeared with them within a couple of months and the same chap selling now I guess as he says in his ad he bought it from Phil. Mileage has also hardly moved.

Agreed on point two. I saw first hand the effort Phil put in to the car, he spent weeks on every detail of the suspension and even the bits you can't see are probably better than when the car left the factory.
    Last edited by cgt; 27-06-2017 at 07:47 PM.

Name
    cgt

Quote Originally Posted by Jagman View Post
    Same with colour isnt it. ferraris come in great colours, my personal favourite is Grigio silverstone (or grey in english).
    But when it comes to parting with cash do we default to red just because its easier to sell on later
    I've had a few 348's but the best 'other' colour I had was this, bought it from a member on this forum.

Sadly the next owner after me painted it blue rather than keeping original.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by cgt View Post
    Not sure that's correct, Autofficina had it on SOR for the chap who bought it from Phil, first appeared with them within a couple of months and the same chap selling now I guess as he says in his ad he bought it from Phil.
    I stand corrected I knew it had been bought and not sat on the market - can't remember where but I 'spoke' (online) to the guy who bought it.

I've had a few 348's but the best 'other' colour I had was this, bought it from a member on this forum.

That looks great. How could he

Name
    Carl

why, oh, why? Great colour. Not many either. Sadly one less. Cheaper to have waited for a blue one too.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Angelis is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Sy

Apparently, my GTB is back on the market.

Name
    Carl

Quote Originally Posted by Angelis View Post
    Apparently, my GTB is back on the market.
    If that's the case, a typical dip in dip out, get max out of a few months, no outlay and hopefully little cost.
    Previous owner of mine was same.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Name
    Mark McCracken

Not sure that's correct, Autofficina had it on SOR for the chap who bought it from Phil, first appeared with them within a couple of months and the same chap selling now I guess as he says in his ad he bought it from Phil. Mileage has also hardly moved.

Agreed on point two. I saw first hand the effort Phil put in to the car, he spent weeks on every detail of the suspension and even the bits you can't see are probably better than when the car left the factory.
    Hi Guys, yes its my 348TB for sale, here is the ad on ebay....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FERRARI-34...53.m1438.l2649

Just to clarify a few things, as there is nothing worse than non-factual statements going around when genuinely trying to sell a good car.

I bought the car from Phil on 15/04/2015, to be part of my collection. Straight away I done some work to it, returning many areas back to factory standard and original, plastics were redone, wheels refurbed and loads of little details etc etc.

After all the work was done, I was round at Autofficina visiting Elias, who is a very good and trusted friend. I happened to be in the 348 that day, Elias admired the car and mentioned he had a buyer for it. Given I had seven cars (mainly Ferraris) at the time and storage space was tight, I thought I would let him sell it. He had the car sold within days for approx 60k, to a known and trusted client. No deposit was taken as the client was a good customer, unfortunately after a few week the deal never completed, through no fault of Elias or the car, just a cash flow issue with the buyer. No big deal, I was relaxed, and never bothered casuing a fuss, friends are friends and trust and relationships are more important.

As storage space was still tight for me, Elias offered to keep the car in his showroom and see what happened from there. After a few months nothing happened and i took the car back to my garage as i had a bit more space freed up. Unfortunately i didnt have anytime, so the car never got used - hence why the milage has hardly moved.

A few hundred miles ago Autofficina gave the car a full cam-belt service, along with a few other maintenace items, my plan was to use it a bit more this summer - but same problem never ever get the time!

Next thing my other half is pregnent with twins, (two boys safely arrived 2 weeks ago), so all of a sudden I needed a bigger car, ideal a 7 seater BMW X5, as we already have two children. I set a budget of 50-60k to get a nice new model M Sport, so rather than dip into my savings and add another car to the collection, I thought i would sell a car that was around the same price - hence why the 348 is now up for sale.

Its a simple as that, nothing more nothing less. If anyone is interested please give me a shout, it would be great if the car went to a ClubScud member.

I love my cars and love the forum, its always been helpful and friendy - so thanks to everyone.

Just for some fun reading and nice pictures, I restored a my 275GTB a few years ago, the thread is on the "other forum", as thats where the knowledge base for 275GTB's was at the time..sorry Club Scuderia:
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/vin...e-07333-a.html

also done one on my 355 if its any help or enjoyment to anyone:
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/348...-some-tlc.html

many thanks
    Mark

Name
    Pete

Mark, firstly congrats on the twins......... and good luck

Secondly, thanks for clearing up about the car. Knew it hadn't say on the market over that period and had sold. Obviously didn't know the sale had fallen through though. Good luck this time round.

Name
    P J

I'm in the market for a 348 TS if anyone is looking to sell. I'm aware of everything on the market in all the usual places - saw one at the weekend - not really the best example, and there is another online I am talking to - yet to arrange viewing. Aside from that I haven't seen any others advertised that look right. (loads of LHD about!)

So if anyone wants to discuss - drop me a PM.

In no rush - but ready to proceed immediately for the right car.

Cheers

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast