Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bentley Continental GT

Name
    Silver360 owner

Default Bentley Continental GT

Just purchased one
    6 L W12 --moonbeam silver with Portland seats + 2nd blue and dark walnut wood .
    Any experiance any body -thoughts ps
    It seems quick as fast maybe quicker than a 360! - But nicely comfatable and well screwed together .
    I like it and wife does .

Name
    Carl

Fantastic place to be. I loved a test drive in one, but couldn't convince the missus. I have a wife that cannot park and besides all the gadgets she will still insist on trying to park nose in this is why she drives a coopers convertible.......and still cocks it up.

Name
    CPD

Have worked quite a bit on various GT special projects inc. the superpsorts and GT race car.

W12 is bomb proof and the car is very well engineered.

Will probably source one for my collection in my dotage.

Speed and style in spades

Name
    Silver360 owner

Here's some pics (I hope ?)
    Yes build quality it does seem up there along with the the rest of VAG stuff -from a drivers respective I like the brakes -Audi RS6 and the smooth power del .Sure is torquey .
    Inside is a nice place to be -that's still trad Bentley -real wood veneers ,hides from cows from Scandinavia -no barb wire fences -brought up inside (weather) and no parasites too cold which burrow into the skin .
    Metal switches ,not plastic look alike .Double glazing --that works -you can,t hear passing cars .
    http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/...psw3pnzpwn.png
    http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8xaofo78.jpg
    http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/...psdmeizrt5.jpg
    Last edited by Silver360; 13-12-2016 at 05:12 AM.

Name
    Silver360 owner

Interior is a nice place to be .
    http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/...psbsau8xio.jpg
    Twin turbo,s give it grunt up to 196 mph ---
    I think the initial footballer image as gone .Pot calling kettle black ,from a Ferrari POV me thinks .

They do make great used buys now .I paid low twenties for this 62 K on the clock BSH etc
    We go shopping to Liddle in it ,Don,t bat an eyelid parking it there - the marque seems to bend in and it's not dragged down by negative images of crashes unlike Ferrari all over social media .Bentley Mkt refreshingly seems immune from high mileage issues re residuals -unlike Ferrari - a peculiar Uk syndrome ?
    Paradoxically the Ferrari will now end up a garage queen .

Wife likes the lambs wool over mats --well guys you live n learn -hears the low down on those --it's to protect a ladies shoe ,the material on the side of the high heals to stop it from being scratched ! --so I,am informed .
    Never knew that.
    Last edited by Silver360; 13-12-2016 at 06:17 AM.

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    Will probably source one for my collection in my dotage.
    Christmas is next week. You could treat yourself

Kyodo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Silver360 View Post
    ...hides from cows from Scandinavia -no barb wire fences -brought up inside (weather) and no parasites too cold which burrow into the skin.
    Sales hype. I worked in the (hand made) upholstery trade for many years and that's why you have experienced cutters, to select hides without the flaws and lay the stencils out according to grain/detail etc. Personally, I'd rather see cows in fields.

A lovely car. Moo.

Name
    CPD

Which part of the trade, strips the top layers and then stamps 'grain' into it like you get at BMW and Mercedes?

The Bentley leather is machinecut these days by a machine that selects the best pattern fit for the hide it has just 'read' with a computer algorithm. Their hides are to best in the game along with rolls Royce.

The 'craft' bit is now fitting the hides to components and upholstery. The veneer selection and its application along with steering wheel stitching are the only 'craft' left there. They are there to show people on factory tours and get oohs and ah's.

No other reason for it.

The rest of the car is a flow line assembly of parts from good suppliers with each worker able to stop the Line - Toyota style - if they see a defect of get behind on their work hence why the quality is so good.

Ex-Toyota people run the shop to make sure British "It'll do" mentality to quality doesn't creep back in.

Last time I was there circa 5 cars a day were off-lined for expensive re-working so not as good as some other Marques but customers would never see that only the FD from lost margin.

They make circa 250 conti's a week which is why residuals are what they are.

Name
    Geoff T

Quote Originally Posted by Carlo348 View Post
    Fantastic place to be. I loved a test drive in one, but couldn't convince the missus. I have a wife that cannot park and besides all the gadgets she will still insist on trying to park nose in this is why she drives a coopers convertible.......and still cocks it up.
    You're in soooo much trouble now, I know where you live and I'm just going to pop round and see SWMBO

Name
    Geoff T

Quote Originally Posted by Silver360 View Post
    Interior is a nice place to be .
    http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/...psbsau8xio.jpg
    Twin turbo,s give it grunt up to 196 mph ---
    I think the initial footballer image as gone .Pot calling kettle black ,from a Ferrari POV me thinks .

They do make great used buys now .I paid low twenties for this 62 K on the clock BSH etc
    We go shopping to Liddle in it ,Don,t bat an eyelid parking it there - the marque seems to bend in and it's not dragged down by negative images of crashes unlike Ferrari all over social media .Bentley Mkt refreshingly seems immune from high mileage issues re residuals -unlike Ferrari - a peculiar Uk syndrome ?
    Paradoxically the Ferrari will now end up a garage queen .

Wife likes the lambs wool over mats --well guys you live n learn -hears the low down on those --it's to protect a ladies shoe ,the material on the side of the high heals to stop it from being scratched ! --so I,am informed .
    Never knew that.
    I know that Yorkshire people speak "funny" but I didn't realise that they also write funny

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast