Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 service choices - which would you recommend

Name
    birdseye

Default 3 service choices - which would you recommend

I'm still in the dealer network and my F430 is due its annual service. Got the car at the beginning of the year and am disinclined to go back to Maranello but I am not familiar with any other dealerships. The three nearest dealers are Lovetts at Swindon, Graypaul Birmingham and possible Meridien Modena darn sarf. I suppose you could add Carrs to make four.

Any strong recommendations. Maybe if there are strong NOs, it would be better by pm.

Thanks

sssdu01 is offline No I'm Spartacus Committee Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

I have used Lovetts and always happy so will go back.

phillg is online now Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    Phill Grimshaw

I've used Meridien for 20 years.
    Spider,or coupe? Just get one of each.

F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

I found Lovett's service arm very expensive and certainly in the old days they were utterly useless, I've not used them since 2008. Meridien service used to be good but it's again been many many Years, Graypaul were excellent when Paul Ennis was there but not used them for Years either.

Maranello will usually price match and I've used them for the past seven or eight years but tbh despite Mandy being a superstar the service is far from good, e.g. despite reporting poor braking and a binding handbrake on my 458 they didn't even investigate it but when challenged claimed the brakes would have been bled however this was not part of the service schedule so would not have been done and in any event would not have cured the reported faults. I came away with the distinct impression that they did the service in about 1 hour on the last day they had the car.

Unfortunately they even forget the basics i.e. stamping the service book, calling back with prices for extending warranty on my 599, calling back to confirm the car is ready and the last time I used them the loan car was not been available despite booking months in advance, indeed I'm waiting for a promised call organised by their sales dept last week................

The only one of the four you mention that I've not tried is Carrs, others on here seem to like them

Name
    birdseye

Quote Originally Posted by F355GTS View Post

Maranello will usually price match and I've used them for the past seven or eight years but tbh despite Mandy being a superstar the service is far from good, e.g. despite reporting poor braking and a binding handbrake on my 458 they didn't even investigate it but when challenged claimed the brakes would have been bled however this was not part of the service schedule so would not have been done and in any event would not have cured the reported faults. I came away with the distinct impression that they did the service in about 1 hour on the last day they had the car.

Unfortunately they even forget the basics i.e. stamping the service book, calling back with prices for extending warranty on my 599, calling back to confirm the car is ready and the last time I used them the loan car was not been available despite booking months in advance, indeed I'm waiting for a promised call organised by their sales dept last week................
    My experience of Maranello was similar. The car was delivered without a functioning heater and they argued the toss about picking it up to sort it out. Which itself took several weeks and was left with the undertray hanging off.

Name
    Mike

Default Carrs

I would use Carrs without a thought. Family owned business, the only independent Ferrari agents in the UK. Still small enough to be personal.
    Very good guys.

sssdu01 is offline No I'm Spartacus Committee Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

When I have used Lovetts they seem to be keen to get work and might drop the labor rate if you ask Darkshines has used them as well and when the replacement clutch slave cylinder leaked on his Testeruster Lovetts picked it up and did remedial work without any argument. This was a huge job as engine back out ............ Richard runs the service guys and he is a nice bloke.

phillg is online now Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    Phill Grimshaw

Quote Originally Posted by long-wheelbase View Post
    I would use Carrs without a thought. Family owned business, the only independent Ferrari agents in the UK. Still small enough to be personal.
    Very good guys.
    As I understand it Meridien is family owned by the Butts ?
    Spider,or coupe? Just get one of each.

Name
    Dudlow

Quote Originally Posted by long-wheelbase View Post
    Very good guys.
    I have used Carrs for over six years, always very helpful and good on both price and quality of the work.

Don't even mention the Egham crew, I have tried them several times (geographically very convenient) sadly nothing but disappointment each time. Gave up in the end.

Unless you need a stamp, I always use an indie.
    Can't beat Barkaways - service on another level that the main Ferrari agents could only dream of.

Name
    Aldous Voice

Quote Originally Posted by F355GTS View Post
    I came away with the distinct impression that they did the service in about 1 hour
    Under the seven year free servicing scheme, Ferrari only allow two hours for an annual on a 458. Removing the wheels isn't even part of the procedure...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast