Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sell or don't sell? Opinions please.

Name
    Charles

I have never owned one myself. But I know the manager of a Porsche main agent who is responsible for the buying and selling of all used Porsches at the dealership. He said that the reliability of the Cayenne is awful. His actual words were "No matter how well we prepared and inspected the cars. Every time we sold one we wondered how long it would be before it was back with the service department?"

But, like I say I have no actual first hand knowledge of this myself.

dave964 is offline No I'm Spartacus Club Member
    Name
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Gavit View Post
    I have never owned one myself. But I know the manager of a Porsche main agent who is responsible for the buying and selling of all used Porsches at the dealership. He said that the reliability of the Cayenne is awful. His actual words were "No matter how well we prepared and inspected the cars. Every time we sold one we wondered how long it would be before it was back with the service department?"

But, like I say I have no actual first hand knowledge of this myself.
    Interesting. A shame if it's true - although it's obviously rather different from a ferrari, the Cayenne impresses me a lot. It is far more fun than any car that size should be, and practical too.

Murph7355 is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Murph

Quote Originally Posted by geoffpfc View Post
    I would get one of these, much better value and a cracking car....:
    Have you ever followed one? They look bloody awful!

There is, however, an XE that parks at my station and that looks very nice. If only they did a 4x4 estate version, I met get one car close to an all Brit garage

Name
    Geoff T

Quote Originally Posted by Murph7355 View Post
    Have you ever followed one? They look bloody awful!

There is, however, an XE that parks at my station and that looks very nice. If only they did a 4x4 estate version, I met get one car close to an all Brit garage
    I think that you need to visit Specsavers

l think that it looks fine front and back, not that you notice when you're driving and certainly an improvement on the Cayenne.

The XF is worth the extra money if you can afford it, the XE is quite nice but the range is limited and there are some interior quality issues.

Kyodo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mark

I think that you need to visit Specsavers

l think that it looks fine front and back, not that you notice when you're driving and certainly an improvement on the Cayenne.
    Surely it's just another stupid Chelsea Tractor that I won't be able to see around at junctions, clogging up the south east school runs whilst actually being aimed at fat Americans who can't pronounce 'Jaguar' properly?

Fwiw, I'd take a Cayenne any day of the week, or if I wanted a proper car... a Panamera.

dave964 is offline No I'm Spartacus Club Member
    Name
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodo View Post
    Surely it's just another stupid Chelsea Tractor that I won't be able to see around at junctions, clogging up the south east school runs whilst actually being aimed at fat Americans who can't pronounce 'Jaguar' properly?

Fwiw, I'd take a Cayenne any day of the week, or if I wanted a proper car... a Panamera.
    I've always liked the look of panamera, and wouldn't rule out owning one in the future. But - they're flipping' huge. They look as big as a Cayenne (length / width) but without the practicality.

Name
    Geoff T

FWIW I think that you've lost the plot

The thread is about replacing a Mercedes ML (replaced in 2015 by the GL), the ML measures 4817 x 2141, one suggestion was the Bentley GT (not by me) this measures 4806 x 1946, you suggested the Porsche Panamera which measures 5049 x 1937
    My suggestion was to buy British (well I did vote for Brexit) the Jaguar F-Pace is surely not a Chelsea Tractor as it only measures 4735 x 1923.

mon the fish is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

Just buy an estate car surely....? XF estate?

Kyodo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mark

FWIW I think that you've lost the plot

The thread is about replacing a Mercedes ML (replaced in 2015 by the GL), the ML measures 4817 x 2141, one suggestion was the Bentley GT (not by me) this measures 4806 x 1946, you suggested the Porsche Panamera which measures 5049 x 1937
    My suggestion was to buy British (well I did vote for Brexit) the Jaguar F-Pace is surely not a Chelsea Tractor as it only measures 4735 x 1923.
    Not sure what you mean Geoff. You mentioned the Jag, nobody else. I'm not sure why it turned into a dimensions contest either! Are you drunk?

Name
    Geoff T

Not sure what you mean Geoff. You mentioned the Jag, nobody else. I'm not sure why it turned into a dimensions contest either! Are you drunk?
    Here's the plot - the OP was considering his options for replacing his wife's ML, "Mod" suggested a Bentley GT and I suggested a Jaguar F-Pace , you said that the F-Pace was a Chelsea Tractor and that you would prefer a Panamera - the dimensions were to show that the F-Pace is smaller than the other cars!

If you have difficulty in understanding the above perhaps you know a 5 year old who can explain it to you.

Why would you suggest that I was drunk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast