Thread: 575M F1 gearbox issue

Name
    Tom Pickering

Default 575M F1 gearbox issue

I have not driven my 575M since september and it has been laid up in my garage with a trickle charger and I turn it over about once a month, reverse it out of the garage and then drive it back in again.
    a couple of days ago, when I did this, the F1 gearbox failure warning light came on and began flashing. I removed the nearside rear arch panel and checked the oil level which was low and topped it up with the correct oil. The light is still flashing and the car won't go into first or reverse gear.
    Anyone else had this problem. Any advice/suggestions appreciated.

Name
    Luke

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyp3 View Post
    I have not driven my 575M since september and it has been laid up in my garage with a trickle charger and I turn it over about once a month, reverse it out of the garage and then drive it back in again.
    a couple of days ago, when I did this, the F1 gearbox failure warning light came on and began flashing. I removed the nearside rear arch panel and checked the oil level which was low and topped it up with the correct oil. The light is still flashing and the car won't go into first or reverse gear.
    Anyone else had this problem. Any advice/suggestions appreciated.
    I know its a few months old and probably fixed but a flashing gearbox light normally means low pressure. Pressure sensor normally stops working giving a false reading the car has no pressure and the pump burns out eventually. Try checking F1 relay or 30 amp fuse.