Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help finding a 360 for a magazine feature

Name
    Dan

Default Help finding a 360 for a magazine feature

Hi all,

First post here, and I've come with a request! I'm writing a feature for a big-name magazine that requires the use of a Ferrari 360, and I'm hoping someone here will be able to provide...
    The feature is a twin-test with another car - I won't give the game away, but fear not, there's a good chance the 360 will win - and the requirements are as follows:

- ideally a 360 Spider with a manual 'box (although I know F1 transmissions are far more common, so it's all negotiable; also, being a Spider isn't a deal-breaker - it's preferable, but a Modena could also work)
    - located somewhere in the SW London/north Surrey area, ish - or at least happy to travel there for a shoot (again negotiable, and travel costs can be covered within reason)
    - owned by someone who doesn't mind me driving it a little. I know, it's a tempting offer to hand your keys to a total stranger isn't it?! But the safety net is in place - it'll all be insured by Bauer Media, you'll be there the whole time (if you want to be), and there won't be any track work or hooliganism, promise! A sensible country lane jaunt, no funny business.

In return, I can offer you the timeless glowing thrill of having your pride and joy in print. Sound fun? Message me if you're interested and able to be involved, and I'll tell you which magazine it is... ;)

Cheers, Dan

Angelis is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Sy

This was for Modern Classics magazine and they used my 360 for the article.

They compared it with a Mercedes SL55

Magazine is out on wednesday.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

MoreThanPolish is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Sponsor
    Name
    Mark Wibberley

After I find my advert in there I shall turn straight to it.

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

AMG's supercar slayer....

Name
    Adrian

Apples and oranges!

One is a car for petrolheads, the other for the mistress of petrolheads!!😁

Angelis is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Sy

To be fair, I used to really hanker after an SL
    Attached Images Attached Images  

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

I have a CLK, it's not an AMG, it's not a SL but from the front it looks the same It is indeed very feminine and regardless to what the writer says (he's wrong anyway) it's **** compared to the 360.

I wouldn't mind one for a daily hack as they're only worth about 10 bob now anyway. The early ones have a similar 5 - speed slush box like mine I think but with paddles.
    I'm damn sure it is way more entertaining to drive than my CLK but that slush box is no F1 or manual and I am quite sure on a lovely B-road it'll be sleep inducing insomniac heaven.

Seriously I am not sure why they are being tested together, I must be missing something.

Name
    Mark

They're being tested together as journos (and many others) like to judge a car only by its straight line performance in relation to cars that are considered serious performers, aka Ferrari etc.

Don't worry. Nobody will read the article for the Mercedes!

MoreThanPolish is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Sponsor
    Name
    Mark Wibberley

What did you do to yours Sy to get the weight down to the same as a Modena ?

Apparently they're the same weight...

Rubbish conclusion too, take price out of the equation and its no contest. 360 looked lovely btw..

Name
    Carper Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MoreThanPolish View Post
    What did you do to yours Sy to get the weight down to the same as a Modena ?

Apparently they're the same weight...

Rubbish conclusion too, take price out of the equation and its no contest. 360 looked lovely btw..
    At what price did they say similar examples can be purchased for today ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast