Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2017 f1 rule changes

Murph7355 is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Murph

Quote Originally Posted by darft vader View Post
    Makes the boys wink.

But they needed to do it properly.

Name:  83273d3a7541f006eac16571374d0c99.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  72.2 KB

mon the fish is offline Hey look at that Peugot 406! Oh no it's a Ferrari 360 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

Ah the pink pig, one of my favourite racing cars of all time [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Name
    steve

Apparently this has got more chance of winning an F1 race or even finishing a race than McLaren Honda

Name:  PinkPanther-LAS-810x588.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  72.1 KB

Nosevi is offline I have no life Committee Member
    Name
    Nos

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    Utterly unfounded but have a good feeling for Ferrari this coming year.
    That was prophetic......... perhaps. Have to see how the season goes but the Mercs certainly didn't seem to have dominant pace in the first race.

Name
    Carper Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    That was prophetic......... perhaps. Have to see how the season goes but the Mercs certainly didn't seem to have dominant pace in the first race.
    Lewis ( in clean air ) could not get away from Vettel over the first 20 laps or so ..... maximum gap about 1.5 - 2 seconds.

Vettel ( in clean air ) pulled 8 seconds on Lewis in a handful of laps.

Looking OK for a decent fight this year i hope.

Nosevi is offline I have no life Committee Member
    Name
    Nos

Quote Originally Posted by Carper View Post
    Lewis ( in clean air ) could not get away from Vettel over the first 20 laps or so ..... maximum gap about 1.5 - 2 seconds.

+1

Quite like Toto Wolff......... but equally enjyed watching his frustration when Vettle jumped Hamilton in the pits.

Max V looked to have pace catching Kimi as well. A 3 horse race (as in 3 constructors) would be good for the sport imo.

Murph7355 is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Murph

Quote Originally Posted by Carper View Post

I wonder if that means the Ferrari runs better at close quarters to a car in front...which I think is what the new regs were trying to achieve (in part). Didn't watch the race, so tyre strategy might also have played a part.

The Merc would still seem to be the faster car in terms of raw speed. But race trim is a different matter.

I do hope pit crews aren't the deciding factor though. Whilst it's part of the team game, it's not where races ought to be won and lost IMO.

McLaren still look to have a mountain to climb. Alonso is fast becoming an albatross where teams are concerned - I wonder just how good a development driver he is...

Name
    John

Having been in the Schumacher stand for the last 3 days you get a true picture of who is on the money.These chicanes before the main straight and the exhaust notes from the leading teams tell the story.
    Do not underestimate the Mercedes team,flawless over the entire 3 days.Ferrari did their homework well and understood their tyres better. The interesting part we enjoyed was watching Valtteri Bottas put the heat up on Lewis Hamilton.Yes traffic caused issues for Hamilton but no different to what Vettel had to go through as Vettel closed in on him.Overall in my humble opinion the Ferrari have the pace,rest is up to the drivers.

ronrob is offline Rear lights like a farm gate - The Ferrari 348 Club Member
    Name
    Ronald Brown

Quote Originally Posted by john348gtb View Post
    Having been in the Schumacher stand for the last 3 days you get a true picture of who is on the money.These chicanes before the main straight and the exhaust notes from the leading teams tell the story.
    Do not underestimate the Mercedes team,flawless over the entire 3 days.Ferrari did their homework well and understood their tyres better. The interesting part we enjoyed was watching Valtteri Bottas put the heat up on Lewis Hamilton.Yes traffic caused issues for Hamilton but no different to what Vettel had to go through as Vettel closed in on him.Overall in my humble opinion the Ferrari have the pace,rest is up to the drivers.
    Good to get first hand observations John - there's only so much than we can learn from a distance. Thanks for being our man on the spot!

Name
    John

To tell the truth as spectators we found it very frustrating the giant TV's nor race commentators would give us the time splits between leaders or pit stops.We could see who was catching who but sometimes you want to see the times.
    Wouldn't it be great if we could get our members give their first hand observations for every race!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast