Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Z4, Boxster, or...?

dave964 is offline No I'm Spartacus Club Member
    Name
    Dave

Went for the second viewing this evening with my friend.

As we were pulling up, first impressions were positive. When I viewed it the first time it was parked front in to a garage - plenty of room to walk around it but hard to look from a distance. Today, it was parked outside and facing us as we drove up to it - those headlights do look fabulous from the front.

Had a good look around the car. It really is in excellent condition - few stone chips at the front but really very few marks on the body, interior or wheels.
    Everything worked, including the roof and air con.
    Only 'faults' we found were that the front pads don't have a huge amount of life in them, the rears are better although clearly not new. There is also some marking on the back of the passenger head rest - looks like the roof has caught it in the past. However, it felt like it was black marks 'on' the silver rather than scratches so they may clean off. If not, getting them repainted would be trivial.

So, at this point it was time for the test drive - so far the impression was very positive. The test drive was a big surprise to me though.
    I was expecting a fairly low sitting car, and fully expected to be underwhelmed by the power and find the drive was noisy even with the roof up. Basically, the purpose of the test drive was to see if I could live with my preconceived short comings given the other positives the car had.
    But that turned out not to be the case. The clutch was a little high, but I was surprised at how quick it was in the first few gears. OK, on a dual carriageway if you put your foot down at 70mph it's not exactly instant power - but it was much quicker than I was expecting.
    The other surprise was it's behaviour at speed. It was perfectly quiet - if I'd closed my eyes I honestly would have believed I was in a hard top coupe rather than a spider.
    Exhaust sound was lovely, great sporty growl.
    I was expecting it to feel like a compromise and it really didn't. In fact, it changed me from : I want a spider but it's not a sensible choice and I should buy the Brera, to : why on earth would I choose the Brera?

Needless to say, I now have a deposit on it.
    Last edited by dave964; 10-03-2017 at 08:26 PM.

ronrob is offline Rear lights like a farm gate - The Ferrari 348 Club Member
    Name
    Ronald Brown

Congratulations Dave. We now all feel that we are part owners!

mon the fish is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

Congrats - the obligatory petrol station pic is needed

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Name
    Dave

Collected last night.

Clutch bites a bit higher than I like, so not mastered smooth pull aways yet! It's very light though, so guess it's not worn out. It's lovely to drive - I like it far more than I expected to (although I already found that out on the test drive). Sounds lovely, and feels far quicker than the paper figures suggest. Really very pleased I bought it.

Name:  20170314_065332.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  97.6 KB
    Name:  20170314_070528.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  81.0 KB
    Name:  20170314_070615.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  82.3 KB
    Name:  20170314_070655.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  87.2 KB

milkshaker0007 is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    paul

Very nice

ronrob is offline Rear lights like a farm gate - The Ferrari 348 Club Member
    Name
    Ronald Brown

Great Dave. Now don't forget why you bought it, letting it become too precious to take to the supermarket!

Name
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by ronrob View Post
    Great Dave. Now don't forget why you bought it, letting it become too precious to take to the supermarket!
    I know - I am concerned I like it more than I should but I might force myself to park in tight spaces a few times!

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

Really happy you decided on the Spider. Looking at that makes me want one more.

Enjoy it, but as Ron says, are you going really leave that in a supermarket car park?...

Name
    Dave

Let's say - I will still look for 'safe' parking spaces first - so at the supermarket it will still be parked where the Aston / ferrari would be rather than the Cayenne. But I'll be more willing to use it to go places where I might not have that choice.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456