Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Stratstone Wilmslow Review / Authorised Ferrari Agent V Independent?

Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffekins View Post
    Stunning, congratulations.

I've looked at pretty much every Spider out there and I agree re Independent dealers. They do not spend anything on the cars as mostly they are being sold on SoR, at least half have required a service within the next 3 months or some immediately. Quite how they expect to sell 100k + cars and then expect the new owner to shell out another 2 - 5k on a service and resultant work is beyond me.
    That seems to be the profile of a lot of 100k toy owners.

They stretch to buy, run them until they need a service, bottle it, and then get rid.

With disc re-furbs, suspension refresh and servicing my 599 will cost me 14k this year inc insurance and tax before it turns a wheel.

Reality check is what leads to the majority of Ferrari used sales IMO

Gavit is offline Del Boy's Reliant Robin Club Member
    Name
    Charles

I totally agree, I think that the authorised agents should advertise the benefits much more. I had agreed to buy the car before I even knew that the warranty was two years, what a bonus!
    'Water so clear you can see to the bottom. $100,000 cars, everybody got em.' - Lyrics, Miami - Will Smith

Mike01606 is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

I agree with much of what's been said on here but there are a lot of generalisations....

Not all dealers are equal and not all Indy's are either.....

I was speaking to a guy a few weeks ago with a main dealer supplied car. I asked what he thought and he said it has been in the dealership for a lot of his ownership having faults rectified under warranty.
    I couldn't help thinking that these should have been done as part of the dealer prep but had been left to be sorted under warranty. It makes a lot of sense to buy a car in, sell it on with a warranty then get paid by Ferrari to sort out any issues.

With respect to Stratstones, they are my local main dealer and I must add that their parts manager Martin is one of the most helpful people I've ever used at any car dealership. I wish BM/MB were half as good.....

Name
    CPD

Lee who runs the workshop is equally good. They have a great team there and with the recent re-furb it looks very contemporary and a place you wouldn't mind hanging out in.

Name
    angelo

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    I agree with much of what's been said on here but there are a lot of generalisations....

Not all dealers are equal and not all Indy's are either.....

I was speaking to a guy a few weeks ago with a main dealer supplied car. I asked what he thought and he said it has been in the dealership for a lot of his ownership having faults rectified under warranty.
    I couldn't help thinking that these should have been done as part of the dealer prep but had been left to be sorted under warranty. It makes a lot of sense to buy a car in, sell it on with a warranty then get paid by Ferrari to sort out any issues.

With respect to Stratstones, they are my local main dealer and I must add that their parts manager Martin is one of the most helpful people I've ever used at any car dealership. I wish BM/MB were half as good.....
    Martin at the parts department is brilliant . There is a younger guy there as well very helpful.

I went to buy 8 manifold gaskets. They showed me around the storage area workshop and even gave me a book to go home with.

Stratstone Ferrari

However the guy across the road who buys in cars at Stratstone Porsche is an absolute

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3