Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New owner first questions

rivarama is offline Essex boy's Ford Capri Club Member
    Name
    Paul

Thanks for the answers so far guys. Very sensible !

I am still worried about the Ferrari stamp thing... maybe because I am new to Ferrari ownership, or may be because the feeling of pressing the "send" button on that sizable wire transfer to the dealer, is still very vivid in my mind. I will need to reflect and ponder on it.

sssdu01 is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

[QUOTE=... I will have the tyres checked as soon as I take delivery. Thanks for the advice[/QUOTE]

You can check the tyres yourself. There may be some weird variations but generally, the date your tyres were made will be on the sidewall in the form of four numbers usually preceded by the letters DOT. These numbers represent the week number and year, so 2415 will be week 24, 2015.

You should check all 4 tyres to make sure you dont have one newer and three older etc. Also when you buy new tyres make sure they are all made at the same time (within a month or two) and dont be fobbed off with new tyres that are already a year old. They start to go off as soon as they come out of the mold.

Regarding having the "Sacred Dealer Stamp" for your servicing - I work on the premise that a dealer annual service cost me about £900 and an Indy will cost about £5/600. This means my main dealer service history is costing me about 3 or 4 £hundred a year more. When I come to sell the car if I keep it 5 years, I bet you the full set of dealer service stamps will add more value than the additional £1500 or so its cost (above the indy) . It will also be "easier" to sell.
    Last edited by sssdu01; 18-05-2017 at 11:16 PM.

Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by sssdu01 View Post
    You can check the tyres yourself. There may be some weird variations but generally, the date your tyres were made will be on the sidewall in the form of four numbers usually preceded by the letters DOT. These numbers represent the week number and year, so 2415 will be week 24, 2015.

You should check all 4 tyres to make sure you dont have one newer and three older etc. Also when you buy new tyres make sure they are all made at the same time (within a month or two) and dont be fobbed off with new tyres that are already a year old. They start to go off as soon as they come out of the mold.
    Good to know, thanks for that

Quote Originally Posted by sssdu01 View Post
    Regarding having the "Sacred Dealer Stamp" for your servicing - I work on the premise that a dealer annual service cost me about £900 and an Indy will cost about £5/600. This means my main dealer service history is costing me about 3 or 4 £hundred a year more. When I come to sell the car if I keep it 5 years, I bet you the full set of dealer service stamps will add more value than the additional £1500 or so its cost (above the indy) . It will also be "easier" to sell.
    My kind of math !

Name
    jonnyjonkers

Quote Originally Posted by mon the fish View Post
    I stored a car outside for a couple of years under a cover, and I found it a huge faff. Every time you use the car you have to make sure it's spotless afterwards, before you put the cover on or it will mark the paint.

This gets tiring quite quickly

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Plus, where will you store the car cover? If you're not at home the only place will be the limited & valuable onboard storage.

Name
    Will Finch

Congratulations on the new car, enjoy.

Don't forget to post some pics!

Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyjonkers View Post
    Plus, where will you store the car cover? If you're not at home the only place will be the limited & valuable onboard storage.
    For the day-out drives, it will be in the boot or behind the seats. For week-end get aways / longer trip, I will just leave it at home (2min walk from the underground parking)

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

Congratulations on the car

I always make sure both the Ferrari (garaged and covered) is clean prior to putting the indoor cover on. I also leave the cover off our little Alfa (outside all year round) in the summer. In the winter it tends not to be used unless it is really nice at which point if the cover comes off it will be washed before I put it back on.
    Easy for me as it is at home.

As for Independant vs Dealer. You're probably selling your F430 to somebody like me. I'm interested in a service history and really don't care so long as they are recognised as knowing Ferraris.

If you had a 488 then perhaps a main dealer is essential but not just for future sales.

Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyjonkers View Post
    Plenty of room!
    http://www.ferrari360modena.co.uk/im...s/packing1.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12