Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Manual 360 Modena (2001, 32k miles)

Kyodo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by dave964 View Post
    I think if somebody else calls with a stupid offer, I'll say yes - and then send them somewhere I don't live.
    That's a great idea. Send them to Maranello in Egham!

We had the same rubbish when trying to sell my wife's MX5 for the bargain price of £500 (it needed some work hence the price). Same old same old. "It's all in the advert dammit, no I won't accept £275 when it's only been on the market for a day…"

Dave, I thought your PH ad was quite amusing, i.e.. don't call me if you're a t055er etc

dave964 is offline No I'm Spartacus Club Member
    Name
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodo View Post
    That's a great idea. Send them to Maranello in Egham!

We had the same rubbish when trying to sell my wife's MX5 for the bargain price of £500 (it needed some work hence the price). Same old same old. "It's all in the advert dammit, no I won't accept £275 when it's only been on the market for a day…"

Dave, I thought your PH ad was quite amusing, i.e.. don't call me if you're a t055er etc
    Yep, but it clearly didn't work!

Nosevi is online now There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Nos

Quote Originally Posted by MalcH View Post
    I was referring specifically to the 360. I have mine valued and insured at £70k but I think that is optimistic. It has just shy of 40k on.
    It was a quite highly specced car but I think £70k is taking the piss.

The old F355 of mine is still for sale at £99k. Think it might be with a different dealer now than earlier this year. However since I sold it in September 2015 the only the guy who drove/owned it since, who I sold it too (private sale) used it for no more than 6 months at best.
    So nearly 18 months after and it is still for sale. Too highly priced?
    Fair enough to the first paragraph and probably to the second

I think if somebody else calls with a stupid offer, I'll say yes - and then send them somewhere I don't live.

Name
    Mr McKay

Looks really excellent value for an RHD manual. Did think there must be something fishy about it when I first saw the PH advert, but now don't having seen this thread.
    I'd have probably snapped your arm off at the asking price a year ago. Ah well.
    GLWS.

Nosevi is online now There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Nos

Quote Originally Posted by Mr McKay View Post
    Looks really excellent value for an RHD manual. Did think there must be something fishy about it when I first saw the PH advert, but now don't having seen this thread.
    That can be the problem with pricing something at the bottom of it's particular market - people suspect there may be a reason for it. And most PH advert browsers won't see this thread. "Baby forces sale" seems to help but generally most people think that's tosh.

There was actually a study done on this a few years back. Essentially items at the extreme top and extreme bottom of their market price wise don't sell easily - people fear the lowest priced item and think they're being ripped off by the highest priced. I forget which statistically sells the best but seem to recall it's the items priced just above the mean as people like to feel they've got a 'good' example slightly more than that they got a good deal. It was a study on human nature but translates well into almost every market.

Name
    Dave

I hadn't considered I was really selling particularly cheap - I figured it was a realistic price rather than a dream one. But I must admit, other than the other thread I started on here I didn't do a great amount of research into prices.

If it is 'too cheap' then I guess either it won't sell, or first to see will buy. I have had a couple of enquiries which would make it unreasonable to change the price now.

I have been giving more thought to how I feel about selling it. I did have one genuine call (I think) this morning and it didn't put me in the best mood. And, although I really do need to reduce my car costs - there is a certain irony to me selling the one car that - although expensive - has appreciated enough that in reality it's cost me nothing.

But, for whatever reason my use of it has reduced in the last couple of years. Italy in it last year was great, but apart from that it does sometimes seem like an expensive garage ornament and I'm surprised how rarely I want to use it. (Although I still think it's amazing when I do).

My gut feeling is I'd like it to get sold this month - but if it doesn't, I won't lose much sleep over having to keep it!

Name
    Carper Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    That can be the problem with pricing something at the bottom of it's particular market - people suspect there may be a reason for it. And most PH advert browsers won't see this thread. "Baby forces sale" seems to help but generally most people think that's tosh.

There was actually a study done on this a few years back. Essentially items at the extreme top and extreme bottom of their market price wise don't sell easily - people fear the lowest priced item and think they're being ripped off by the highest priced. I forget which statistically sells the best but seem to recall it's the items priced just above the mean as people like to feel they've got a 'good' example slightly more than that they got a good deal. It was a study on human nature but translates well into almost every market.
    A relative owns a jewellers in Falmouth right where the cruise ships stop over to disgorge its wealthy american passengers for a shopping visit. She could not sell a lovely pearl necklace ( stop giggling at the back ) for £ 800. She got loads of interest and viewings of it but no sale materialised. She put the price up to £1250 and the next person that walked in bought it.

Name
    Dave

Hmmm....

Ok, now for sale at £62,950

Name
    Carper Mike

Hmmm....

Ok, now for sale at £62,950
    I like £62,950. Has a nice non-symmetry to it.

Some annoying chancer might try to bid you down to £55k

Name
    Dave

The PH ad has resulted in a viewing at 4pm tomorrow. Which is rather quicker than I would have liked, but a viewing isn't necessarily a sale. I'm still not convinced this is a good idea, so we'll see how I feel if the buyer really is genuine.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast