Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Manual 360 Modena (2001, 32k miles)

Carlo348 is offline No I'm Spartacus Club Member
    Name
    Carl

Dave,
    I understand with your collection of cars that selling may be a logical move , but Ferraris arent always logical.
    What I would say is at 55k for a manual 360, good history, good mileage your underpitching unless its a firesale. A buyer will get an amazing deal based on whats out there. Careful you dont cop a trader like your Porsche.

If i had the loose cash ...id bite your arm off. However,after buying one of your old cars I would feel a bit like getting your big bruvs hand me downs ������

All I say is you've pitched your price, its right for you. Dont take a penny lees, or they are taking the p! $$

Oh.....and dont leave your plate on it like last time������It'll look lovely on an Aston. ��
    Last edited by Carlo348; 03-08-2017 at 12:11 AM.
    A 348 is like Marmite, you love it or hate it. Boy do I love it!

dave964 is offline No I'm Spartacus Club Member
    Name
    Dave

Yep, the plate is definitely moving to the Aston before anybody gets the car!
    I think I need to see how I feel if / when a buyer committed to buying it. It's definitely not going for a penny less than the asking price.

Although I do have some doubts about selling it - and I am beginning to think it should have been a bit more expensive - i do keep reminding myself that if I regret it I can always look at 430s, 458s or a McLaren (although all of those would mean I had to sell the Aston too I think!)

Name
    Dave

Ok, I've made a decision.

Viewing this afternoon is cancelled and the car is no longer for sale. I will keep it until at least the spring. If I still want to sell it, then I'll advertise it after the major service in March - which will no doubt help the sale anyway. And since it will be the start of the summer, I can start with a higher price and reduce if I need to.

So, car is no longer available.

Name
    Mr McKay

That'll have Voicey's market watch average bouncing back up again.

I'm glad it's not just me who wavers and agonises over these things, rather than it simply being a cold transaction once the decision to sell is made.

Incidentally, this is just my own opinion obviously, but 55k seems to be about the current LHD (asking) price, or CAT D RHD for the same mileage, even then for F1s, before you add the manual premium, whatever that is.
    Last edited by Mr McKay; 03-08-2017 at 09:41 AM.

Name
    Phil

Default For sale

Dave,
    You remind me of ..........me! I agonise when I think about selling one of mine.
    You put it on here and Pistonheads and withdrew it within three days. I have just spent two of them persuading wife we needed to go and see it with a view to purchase!
    I wish you well in your decision.
    Last edited by Phil Taylor; 03-08-2017 at 10:35 AM.

Name
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Taylor View Post
    Dave,
    You remind me of ..........me! I agonise when I think about selling one of mine.
    You put it on here and Pistonheads and withdrew it within three days. I have just spent two of them persuading wife we needed to go and see it with a view to purchase!
    I wish you well in your decision.
    Ha ha - sorry about that!

I need to give it serious thought over the next 6 months. Problem is, the increased values are what makes the decision harder. I do want to reduce my monthly car costs - the Porsche and Alfa are not significant enough to make much difference. The Aston I don't want to sell. Which left the Ferrari and selling that would reduce my monthly spend on cars. Except - because it's gone up so much in the last few years - it hasn't really cost me anything at all. So selling it doesn't really actually reduce what I spend on cars!

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

Quote Originally Posted by dave964 View Post

I need to give it serious thought over the next 6 months. Problem is, the increased values are what makes the decision harder. I do want to reduce my monthly car costs - the Porsche and Alfa are not significant enough to make much difference. The Aston I don't want to sell. Which left the Ferrari and selling that would reduce my monthly spend on cars. Except - because it's gone up so much in the last few years - it hasn't really cost me anything at all. So selling it doesn't really actually reduce what I spend on cars!
    I get that but for me my concern is regular pay outs. I know eventually when I sell I will most likely get it back but that will be sometime in the future and not now.

I arguably sold the F355 too early, well I did if maximum return was my goal. It sounds like you are not quite ready to part with your 360 yet.
    For the likes of myself I fear if I dip out it will be so much harder in future to get back in and besides I do like the car a lot.

Name
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by dave964 View Post

Selling it would reduce your annual spend, that is one of my problems (well my wife's actually). Every time my F430 goes in for service or work I get hassle over "how much did that service cost then?"
    The "it's an investment" line works most of the time, just not service/new tyres/insurance/tax times!
    If you decide to move it on then PM me, I am not a low-baller and I already have "permission" or as close as I can get to it.

Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by Mr McKay View Post
    Looks really excellent value for an RHD manual. Did think there must be something fishy about it when I first saw the PH advert, but now don't having seen this thread. .
    Which is probably why it's gotten some daft offers....

Seriously I have learned of the car is good you price in the middle of the market and then wait for someone to see it. If they have travelled they have travelled at or about the price you have advertised for. If they walk at your insistence on the price then so-be-it. In my experience the only people who walk are traders and people who can't really afford your car anyway.

It's a steal at that price seen one similar do 59k in a trade auction.

Lovely colour btw - non solo rosso

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Nos

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    Which is probably why it's gotten some daft offers....

Seriously I have learned of the car is good you price in the middle of the market and then wait for someone to see it.
    +1

Have been watching the thread with interest, Dave, and I lost a bet with myself - I had you pulling the ad after a week

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast