Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: CBT - Looking for 125 - any recommendations (new or used?)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Shropshire
    Name
    Amo
    Posts
    337

    Default CBT - Looking for 125 - any recommendations (new or used?)

    Hi All, I have just done my CBT and I want a 125 for least a year....get some practice in. Although I am really confused on what to go for...new or used....I don't want to spend crazy money....any recommendations?

  2. #2
    Mike01606's Avatar
    Mike01606 is online now Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cheshire
    Name
    Mike M
    Posts
    3,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amo View Post
    Hi All, I have just done my CBT and I want a 125 for least a year....get some practice in. Although I am really confused on what to go for...new or used....I don't want to spend crazy money....any recommendations?
    Personally I'd buy used as you won't keep it, might drop it and will have limited use in 12 months......Honda CBF125?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Shropshire
    Name
    Amo
    Posts
    337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    Personally I'd buy used as you won't keep it, might drop it and will have limited use in 12 months......Honda CBF125?
    Hi Mike, I bought a used one in the end. Getting some practice in and hoping to do my license next year

  4. #4
    Mike01606's Avatar
    Mike01606 is online now Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cheshire
    Name
    Mike M
    Posts
    3,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amo View Post
    Hi Mike, I bought a used one in the end. Getting some practice in and hoping to do my license next year
    A wise decision...

    Good luck......once it's in your blood it's hard to cure....

    I'm back looking at BMW GS's



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Mulc's Avatar
    Mulc is offline Girl's Porsche Boxster Club Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North Warwickshire
    Name
    Malcolm
    Posts
    393

    Default

    Ever thought about going the quick route and completing a DAS course? I have had a few goes on a 125 and must admit that I felt rather vulnerable. At least on a 500, other road users have more awareness about your presence. This is not including the nobheads who pull out claiming "sorry mate, never saw you".
    I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Shropshire
    Name
    Amo
    Posts
    337

    Default

    I did think about it, but thought I need the practice of being on two wheels and going out when I like, rather then restricted to lessons. My bike for 125 is a big bike, so feels its got road presence and fast enough for me till I get more use to being on bike.

    Absolutely loving it though guys

  7. #7
    Mike01606's Avatar
    Mike01606 is online now Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cheshire
    Name
    Mike M
    Posts
    3,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amo View Post
    I did think about it, but thought I need the practice of being on two wheels and going out when I like, rather then restricted to lessons. My bike for 125 is a big bike, so feels its got road presence and fast enough for me till I get more use to being on bike.

    Absolutely loving it though guys
    My wife passed her CBT a couple of years ago and my advice was the same. Buy a 125 and get some miles under your belt.
    She didn't and hasn't BTW.

    Enjoy....this is a nice time of year for motorcycling.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    MalcH's Avatar
    MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Astley, Manchester.
    Name
    Malc Holden
    Posts
    11,572

    Default

    I'm tempted to do this. Thing in the missus does not want anymore bikes on the drive (there are three already ).

Similar Threads

  1. IFA recommendations
    By francisn in forum Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 21-05-2017, 03:26 PM
  2. Insurance Recommendations
    By EnglishGent in forum Ferrari Talk
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 19-10-2015, 10:57 AM
  3. Retrim recommendations?
    By Nosevi in forum Ferrari Talk
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 10-01-2012, 05:50 PM
  4. PPI recommendations?
    By Lagerlout in forum Ferrari Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-01-2006, 12:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •