Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommendations?!

elt is offline Salesman's average 3 Series BMW Club Member
    Name
    paul elton

Hi,i am picking up my 458 from the dealer today and i am taking it straight to Azuricarcare based in Stevenage, it will be detailed then front end wrapped using xpel ultimate protection film,and then Gtechniq serum applied (9 year guarantee) then C5 wheel armour applied to the wheels. The guy did my 360, more than happy with the previous results. Cheers elt.

Mike01606 is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by elt View Post
    Hi,i am picking up my 458 from the dealer today and i am taking it straight to Azuricarcare based in Stevenage, it will be detailed then front end wrapped using xpel ultimate protection film,and then Gtechniq serum applied (9 year guarantee) then C5 wheel armour applied to the wheels. The guy did my 360, more than happy with the previous results. Cheers elt.
    Then you will hopefully post some pictures!

Congratulations Paul......it must be an exciting day....
    Did you part-ex your 360 or sell separately?

Enjoy......M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elt is offline Salesman's average 3 Series BMW Club Member
    Name
    paul elton

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    Then you will hopefully post some pictures!

Congratulations Paul......it must be an exciting day....
    Did you part-ex your 360 or sell separately?

Enjoy......M

Hi Mike,the guy doing the work is going to video and take still photo's as he goes through each of the three processes.
    regarding the deal,i did trade in the 360 against the 458.But not before i removed the ferrari racing exhaust (cs),the 200 cell cats,the cs tcu, the indoor car and seat cover, and the space saver spare wheel.
    as for the day it was unbelievable. The salesman was running a little late as he was handing over a Tdf,so he asked us to go to a local restaurant and the dealership would pick up the bill,he came to meets us and he said he would take us back to the dealership by car.We went outside and the car in question was a 67 plate Rolls Royce Dawn, and so the fun began.
    The "reveal"and the hand over took about 2 hours, which flew by.I must say we felt we would not have been treated any different if we were picking up an 812.A fantastic experience.and we know how lucky we are.

Mike01606 is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by elt View Post
    Hi Mike,the guy doing the work is going to video and take still photo's as he goes through each of the three processes.
    regarding the deal,i did trade in the 360 against the 458.But not before i removed the ferrari racing exhaust (cs),the 200 cell cats,the cs tcu, the indoor car and seat cover, and the space saver spare wheel.
    as for the day it was unbelievable. The salesman was running a little late as he was handing over a Tdf,so he asked us to go to a local restaurant and the dealership would pick up the bill,he came to meets us and he said he would take us back to the dealership by car.We went outside and the car in question was a 67 plate Rolls Royce Dawn, and so the fun began.
    The "reveal"and the hand over took about 2 hours, which flew by.I must say we felt we would not have been treated any different if we were picking up an 812.A fantastic experience.and we know how lucky we are.
    [emoji106] chuffed for you both......

geoffpfc is offline Hey look at that Peugot 406! Oh no it's a Ferrari 360 Club Member
    Name
    Geoff T

[QUOTE=MoreThanPolish;823729]
    There's a lot of bull and fake science Geoff surrounding these products, the usual attempt to add mystique to increase the price.
    You know more about this than I do, but it is certainly confusing with so many products to choose from.

Many of the products are from Korea/China and need warmth, which the current UK climate is too cold for, but the product we use, Kenolon, has been developed over 6 years in Belgium which is as cold as the UK. So it works as low as 5 degrees. No fancy lights, dehumidified clean room, masks/white coats/gloves required. But the same durable high gloss results. At lower cost and without that nasty whiff...
    I'm pleased to say that the Fireball stuff doesn't smell at all and I thought that the price charged was reasonable, when I consider the amount of time spent in preparing the car, it's a bit like painting, 75% of the result is down to the correct preparation. They don't use a clean room, but they do have dehumidifiers

The reason for keeping the car in their unit overnight is to speed up the curing time, so that it gives certainty to the time when the car can be handed over, it does reduce the period of when the coating may get dust contanimation.

Have a look here for examples: www.facebook.com/kenolon.uk
    Although I've had the Audi coated, this is only because it lives outside all year round, for the Ferrari I prefer a good quality carnuba based wax

Kenolon is used by many top detailers in the UK like Richard Tipper of Perfection Detailing, who last week prepared a well known drummers F40 for the new Ferrari Design Centre Exibition. And The Ferrari Centre coat lots of cars every month with it.
    I've followed your links and it seems that we don't have anyone on the south coast(apologies to Pete) so I can't get a price comparison.
    I'm not here for a long time - I'm here for a good time !

MoreThanPolish is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Sponsor
    Name
    Mark Wibberley

It is certainly confusing but that is partly deliberate on the part of some of the product providers.

The whiff I referred to btw was the smell of bulls**t.

Most products will take around 24 hours to fully, or almost fully harden, hence why the cars are kept overnight.

We have coverage of most areas but no-one resident on the south coast yet, but our guys do travel. Drop me your address and what you want doing and I'll pass it onto the team. The Ferrari Centre is probably your closest location at present.

These products are great for heavily used cars, like your Audi but I personally do enjoy a good wax session so understand where you're coming from

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12