Thread: Mondial - another question

Name
    Bertie Bassett

Default Mondial - another question

Dear All,

I am getting closer to my Mondial purchase ... BUT ... I have another important or actually two of them!

One of the attractions of the Mondial is that when it needs a service, the engine does not need to be removed ... or does it? Are there only certain years that can be serviced with no engine removal? Or is it all of them ...

Also, is there a huge difference between the 3.2 and the "t" - driving, engine etc ...

with thanks, as always,

BB

Nosevi is offline I have no life Committee Member
    Name
    Nos

There is quite a big difference between the 3.2 and the T with the T being a completely new chassis, engine, more comfortable, etc.

Only the T needs the engine to come out about once every 3-5 years.

You sort of take your choice, the more capable car comes with the engine out major

Name
    P J

I had a 't' and can vouch for the drive being really good. For me, the extra performance of the 't' was its attraction - with decat pipes it sounds glorious and it had enough performance to make it a really fun car for me on a sunday blast. (I have driven all the 'baby' Ferraris from 308 carb to 360). I personally find the engine note of the 348/355 the high point of sub 80k Ferraris.

Handling wise, I found it supple, and predictable - the lower centre of gravity versus the 3.2 comes into play - I had the shocks rebuilt at bilstein which freshened it up no end.

I would say, the driving position takes a little getting used to - being very much 'in the corner' of the chassis. But then that will apply to all Mondials.

FWIW - I also found the general public really welcoming and positive about the car - petrol stations, passers by, local shows etc. I think its rarity was appreciated and I never once met an unfavourable comment. I even had one chap ask me if it was the car from Magnum....!..(ahem).

Name
    P J

PS - I am assuming you understand the mechanical similarities between the 348 and 't' of course.