Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: My Argento 360

F355GTS is online now Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post

Problem is I've been holding the line on house projects for a few years on the excuse that they are perfect retirement jobs when I'll be needing loads to do....The pecking has escalated over the last few months and I caved in recently when some friends refurbed their bathrooms

Mike01606 is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by F355GTS View Post
    You should of seen their Christmas lights....apparently put my effort properly to shame...isn’t Facebook brilliant
    Last edited by Mike01606; 10-01-2019 at 12:59 PM.

F355GTS is online now Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

You should of seen their Christmas lights....apparently put my effort properly to shame...isnít Facebook brilliant
    sorry Mike

achaddy is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    Andy Chadwick

Cheers Andy,

I think Iíll buy s different set of compressors for when I do the others as itíll make it a lot easier.
    Iím not changing the flamblocs for a couple of reasons. They seem fine with no play in them and look a real pain the replace but the main reason is it would add 2k to what is becoming an already expensive job with 8 ball joints. Theyíre very easy to get at anytime and Iíll change them as and when needed in the future.

I look at the ongoing costs to keep on top of these cars and thatís where a newer car makes a lot of sense. Maybe a bit of depreciation but little ongoing maintenance. That said though I do enjoy it....
    The pins themselves don't seem to wear, its the rubber that perishes and shows up on MOTs. Might start cropping up on subsequent tests and become an annual task changing the odd one here and there.
    I cut mine out and got DL to press the new ones in. Only charged me 1.5 hrs labour even though it took them twice as long Not sure why it took them so long and Charles suggested as much so capped the bill. (Helps to have a good relationship.) Any shop with a press could do it though at a cheaper cost than I paid but I also got them to do the top and bottom strut bushes as well. So all rubber was sorted..

Then sold the car..

Name
    Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by achaddy View Post
    Then sold the car..
    The new owner must be delighted

Name
    Mark

Good work, Mike. Nice to see it all documented. I finally have a photo of the bottom bearing so I will get around to sourcing an alternative. I can see your bearings are not one piece - presumably Hill upper and lower?

Name
    Mike M

Default My Argento 360

Quote Originally Posted by MWStewart View Post
    Good work, Mike. Nice to see it all documented. I finally have a photo of the bottom bearing so I will get around to sourcing an alternative. I can see your bearings are not one piece - presumably Hill upper and lower?
    Yes Mark, Hill front and as far as I know the originals in the back although they donít have to rotate so I assume thatís why they last.

Iíve got new HE joints and the Hysol 9466 adhesive (great tip thanks and about £18 delivered from Rapid Electronics).
    Iím using Ferrari joint covers at the top as I think they are the best and I got them for a very good price. The Ferrari lower covers are £68 each plus VAT! So they are HE.

Iíve stripped and cleaned the upright and just need to get the lower shock bush out. A job Iíve been avoiding

Pointless but satisfying...
    Before
    Name:  IMG_0825.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  80.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_0826.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  84.9 KB

After
    Name:  IMG_0828.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  104.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_0827.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  103.8 KB

Iíve reassembled the flamblocs using a silicone grease (so the rubber shouldnít swell) and thereís no end float or play.
    The arms are super easy to remove if I need to change them later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name
    Mike M

Default My Argento 360

A very productive 90 minutes this evening.....

I had a go at the lower shock bush and once it had broken free came out quite easily. I used an old 22mm socket along with a press sleeve for the female with a bit of 3M tape to stop it marring the damper.

Name:  IMG_0832.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  83.6 KB

Name:  IMG_0833.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  78.3 KB

Damper cleaned up and waiting for the new parts to arrive....

Name:  IMG_0834.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  76.0 KB

Finally tonight I reassembled the upright Iíd stripped and cleaned...

Name:  IMG_0842.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  80.6 KB

Torque lock and a photo so I know Iíve tightened the bearing mounting bolts!

Name:  IMG_0839.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  64.9 KB

Next up these

Name:  IMG_0840.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  108.4 KB

Name
    Mark

It all looks to be in very good condition.

Name
    Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by MWStewart View Post
    It all looks to be in very good condition.
    It’s been used in all year round by previous owners so it’s not and never will be concours, plus it’s now on 46k miles, but I want to make it the best I can without spending stupidly on it....

My initial plan would have been to move it on several years ago (I bought it in spring 2012) but the market went against me so I’ll see where I go next. I’d like a Cali, 550, 599 or 458 but I think the latter cars will always be out of reach...1st world problems

Finally a question......

Any ideas on how to protect all this nice clean bare alloy on the suspension?
    I’m think just some silicon spray as it doesn’t see salt but is there anything else.

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast