Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: My Argento 360

Name
    Andy Chadwick

I would definatley leave the Rack in place for now if there is such a small amount in there. When I did mine there was a pool of fluid in the boot and it was visibly dripping from the end.

The Rack is a PITA (Lots of BLUE air) to remove and not a few hours job. Even main dealer were quoting 10-15 hours to remove/refit if I remember rightly. Needs to come out from the boot due to the steering box so removal of the inner boot panel and membrane would be required. Also, the AC Dehyrating Filter is in the way of sliding the rack sideways to extract and ideally the needs to be removed. I managed to prise it past but you risk cracking an AC pipe. Here are my exploits in this respect.

http://www.clubscuderia.co.uk/forum/...highlight=rack

Anyway, Western Power Steering are the guys that seem to be prefered choice. DL use them and reccomended them to me. They said they get them from all over.

I think I remember them saying the rack was the same one fitted to DAF vans. Definatley no special item. THey could probably advise on any replacement parts. Refurb cost £470 IRC.

Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Cheers Andy....

Iím waiting for my main parts order...
    Just cleaned all the arch out tonight ready for it to go back together.
    Name:  IMG_0913.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  76.1 KB

Arms all finished....
    Name:  IMG_0860.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  76.4 KB

milkshaker0007 is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    paul

Looking good Mike

Name
    Mike M

Default My Argento 360

Quote Originally Posted by milkshaker0007 View Post
    Looking good Mike
    Cheers Paul....

I picked up a big bag of bits today from Stratstoneís....everything apart from the rack bellows which should be in on Monday....

Name:  IMG_0922.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  79.6 KB

Shock bushes are being cheapened (or light-weighted ) over time....hereís the four I picked up today all fresh from Italy with the same part number. Spot the difference.

Name:  IMG_0923.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  65.4 KB

And compared to the original

Name:  IMG_0927.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  111.6 KB

Anyways at least it went in fairly easy and was only just starting to pick up towards the end.
    I had the bush in the freezer and some gentle heat on the shock before I started.

Name:  IMG_0929.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  202.3 KB

I thought Iíd had a bright idea by putting some red rubber grease on the new shock spacers/perches to help them spin as I tensioned the spring but it just helped them squidge out so I had to strip it, clean it off and start again.
    For the other three Iím going to try and find a suitable spring compressor as mine donít quite fit and it will make it so much easier.

Name:  IMG_0928.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  84.8 KB

So after 4 hours toil the wishbones and shock are assembled with new hardware and ready for the upright.
    The lower shock pin was perfect so I didnít replace it but I noticed the old bush has play in it and probably more than the ball joints so hopefully another knock sorted.

Name:  IMG_0930.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  51.3 KB

Finally I got cheesed off with the stubborn droplink which wasnít moving at all and cut it off will a cutting disc
    Maybe not the brightest idea but the lock washer was totally fused to both parts. Iíve now exposed the threaded part and cut a slot in it but it ainít moving. Hopefully some penetrating oil will eventually free it.

Name:  IMG_0926.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  35.0 KB

Ps Mike D the ACF 50 smells fantastic. Worth £14 for that alone. Iíll give it all a good squirt once the torque seal has dried.

Name:  IMG_0859.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  49.4 KB

A348W is offline I don't use deodorant Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Looking good Mike.

Drop link looks like a little SOB! Bit of heat on that as well maybe?

(You could set your self up a little side line )

Kyodo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    Name:  IMG_0930.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  51.3 KB
    Looks great

Name
    Mike M

Default My Argento 360

Thanks guys...

Iíve had a PM earlier from solving the mystery of the shock bushes.

Theyíre actually Superperformance ones which I believe are a standard rubber bush and not a ball joint like the OEM ones. They were only £18 each whereas OEM are much more but I will replace them with the correct ones.
    As the coilover is easy to remove Iím going to finish this corner off and replace the bush later as I need to move the car as Ďoperation bathroomí started in anger today and I need to get at some kit.

I never pointed out yesterday that the new springs are colour coded white whereas my old ones are coded yellow (the paint down the coil is the code). The WSM explains the difference but basically the white ones have about 1.5mm less preload on the front than yellow so I set them at that point for now....ride height itself will be harder to set as Iím not on OEM tyre sizes.

I also ordered some W5W LED lamps as a sidelight was out and Iíll clean the inside of the lights out whilst access is good.
    Name:  IMG_0944.jpg
Size:  33.0 KB

Iím also looking for some HB3 LEDs for the headlights but thereís loads to choose from so Iíll look into it a bit more and report back.

Name
    Mark

Good work Mike. Glad you're going with the bearings.

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodo View Post
    Looks great
    I does indeed look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    Thanks guys...

I also ordered some W5W LED lamps as a sidelight was out and I’ll clean the inside of the lights out whilst access is good.
    Name:  IMG_0944.jpg
Size:  33.0 KB

I’m also looking for some HB3 LEDs for the headlights but there’s loads to choose from so I’ll look into it a bit more and report back.
    I have some somewhere (HB3's and sidelights) for my 360 as I intended to change them last year. Never got around to it, so I do not know if they fit.
    I did change to LED on my old CLK but the light scatter was terrible. I have LED's for the CLA too but am now thinking I won't bother.

Name
    Mike M

Iím not going to fit those W5W LEDs in the sidelights and will either buy some high quality branded ones or fit filament lamps back in (although I believe these can melt the housing which is why people change them to LED).
    I still need to pick up the rack gaiter so canít quite finish this corner but I refitted the hub tonight.

I also managed to get the drop link stud out of the ARB quite easily. Itís had release oil on it for a few days and I was thinking it would need some real heat on it when the ARB was off the car but all it took was a couple of light taps with a hammer and that broke the thread free...

Name:  IMG_0947.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  57.0 KB

The ARB will now go for powder coating.

Finally hereís a pic of the spring.

Name:  IMG_0948.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  204.1 KB

It looked ok on the car but at the lower rear where water collects it was quite rotten and I reckon not much time left before this would fail.
    Worth a close look at yours if you have a few miles on the car...theyíre not silly money yet so worth changing on a 15-20 year old car.

Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast