Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Thread: My Argento 360

Mike01606 is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    Get out and use it...its looking far far to clean (impressed by yours and embarrassed by mine!)

There are roads to be drive and fossil fuels to be consumed; they wont last forever apparently
    Taking your advice Adrian I did!

Sod the bathroom project, the weather was too good today

Iíd measured just about 3 litres of trans oil came out, so I added 3 quart bottles of Redline and at this point no friction modifier.
    I didnít blow the oil from the cooler so there was probably a bit left in. From memory, the capacity is 3.4 litres.

Name:  IMG_1225.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  60.3 KB

Name:  IMG_1229.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  51.4 KB

On the dip stick after about an hour it was on the full mark.

I then thought Iíd bleed the brakes which is fairly easy providing you bleed the master cylinder (if the system has emptied).
    To do this you need to remove the Ď£100 membraneí but I managed to slice the glue back in the top left corner with a scalpel to access the two bleed nipples without tearing it.

I ended up flushing a couple of litres through the callipers and then knocked the waste fluid container over

Name:  IMG_1232.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  122.0 KB

Twenty three quids worth of road tax later Iíve been out for a drive (without the underfloor fitted so kept the speed down).

Wow what a difference at the front. Really tight, no noises and drives like a new one .

The changes feel much smoother particularly when warm so my first impression of the redline oil is positive.
    When I have the 430 wheels and spacers on the car in 2012 the diff did chatter on tight manoeuvres. There no sign of chatter at the moment but Iíll just add some friction modifier if required.
    My thought is I wonít see an issue until maybe Iíve done 3 or 4 changes with the NS and itís completely flushed the old oil out.

Name
    Mike M

Practice makes perfect..well easier anyway.

I was at a loose end tonight waiting for plaster to dry and getting a bit concerned that the Wales trip is fast approaching. If I need any parts I donít want to be last minute.

Rear offside off
    Name:  IMG_1275.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  86.2 KB

Approaching 20 years and 45k miles is starting to show.
    Name:  IMG_1273.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  42.2 KB

I donít know if Iím repeating myself but the lower bushes are quite easy to remove providing you clean off the corrosion on the end thatís being pushed through.
    It has quite a lip on it so you have to be careful it doesnít damage the shock. I just soak it with WD40 and clean it with a small wire brush before removing it.
    Name:  IMG_1274.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  68.3 KB

As the bush is mild steel and the shock is anodised aluminium there is some galvanic corrosion.

Cleaned, new spacers, coil spring and lower bush on the shock. Upper arm ball joint inspected (no play but Iíll change all 4 next winter), upper flamblocs stripped and greased.
    Name:  IMG_1276.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  82.6 KB

Then all back on before supper

So I just need to drop it off the blocks. Fit a new oil pressure sender, check the gearbox level and fit the underfloors.
    Iíll then set the ride height and have the alignment checked.

Finally, hereís all the bits Iíve replaced over the winter (so far).

Name:  IMG_1277.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  100.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_1278.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  44.1 KB

Iíve not totted it up yet but a pint on the WW for the closest guess!

A348W is offline Only useful for school runs - The Ferrari 308GT4 Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

"Iíve not totted it up yet but a pint on the WW for the closest guess! "

So...
    1) what you told the missus = £500; and it was a safety issue
    2) what you actually spent = circa £1500.

Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    "Iíve not totted it up yet but a pint on the WW for the closest guess! "

So...
    1) what you told the missus = £500; and it was a safety issue
    2) what you actually spent = circa £1500.
    Contrast this project vs. A Ferrari Approved car.

We all imagine the latter is properly sorted like this project but the reality is nowhere close.

So consider the project good VFM

Name
    Mike M

Default My Argento 360

Carís back together but I need to fiddle with the ride height then have the alignment checked/set.

I really need some spring compressors now that will compress the full spring. I have several sets but they all catch the threads on the shock so cannot be used.
    Iíve been looking at a set of these but I think the adaptors wonts clear the shock. Has anyone used them or has any they can recommend?
    I donít need anymore that wonít fit!

Name:  IMG_1297.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  53.0 KB

FreeTec MacPherson Strut Spring Compressor Interchangeable Fork Coil Extractor Set https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07789KY..._c7cTCbEQ13QM0

Name
    Mike M

Default My Argento 360

Sorted out the ride height to where itís certainly good enough and had the alignment done today.
    The front needed nothing more than 1/4 of a turn on the RH track rod (the one I removed)...everything else was green and fairly centred.
    The rear camber is ever so slightly off but Iím leaving alone as I intend to fully overhaul the rear end over the coming winter.
    Oil pressure sender is fine so Iím leaving alone. Just a slight weep on the RH rear cam cover to attend to and I have a gasket spare from last year....
    I put about 60 miles on it today and itís driving great. The gearbox is super smooth and no sign of the LSD binding with the NS oil.

Roll on Wales.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    Sorted out the ride height to where itís certainly good enough and had the alignment done today.
    The front needed nothing more than 1/4 of a turn on the RH track rod (the one I removed)...everything else was green and fairly centred.
    The rear camber is ever so slightly off but Iím leaving alone as I intend to fully overhaul the rear end over the coming winter.
    Oil pressure sender is fine so Iím leaving alone. Just a slight weep on the RH rear cam cover to attend to and I have a gasket spare from last year....
    I put about 60 miles on it today and itís driving great. The gearbox is super smooth and no sign of the LSD binding with the NS oil.

Roll on Wales.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name
    Mike M

MOT pass on Friday with no advisories...car still needs a clean after Wales though.

2240 miles in a year which is about my lowest and a poor show. I will try harder this year.

Sent from my B1-780 using Tapatalk

F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    MOT pass on Friday with no advisories...car still needs a clean after Wales though.

2240 miles in a year which is about my lowest and a poor show. I will try harder this year.

I've a really good plan to add about 3k miles in 2 weeks

Name
    Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by F355GTS View Post
    I've a really good plan to add about 3k miles in 2 weeks
    It might have sold by then

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast