Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Advice required: 2006 Manual vs 2008 low mileage F430

mon the fish is offline Hey look at that Peugot 406! Oh no it's a Ferrari 360 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    I am sure we agree on loads of stuff...

Good that you have changed your opinion based on evidence and real lived experience. Too much irrational commentary and behaviour these days especially with car / value / mileage / originality etc.

Canít say too much but my car is stored alongside a spider that is older in years but the same mileage. Looking at the relative wear and condition between the two one has I am 99% certain been clocked in between services and MOTís.

Either that or the driver wears Sandpaper gloves and trousers and it spends its summer months doing stage rallies...
    I have seen a 575 for sale at a main dealer the same - 7k miles, and sandpaper trousers definitely in play.

My car has 47k on it and the bolster is in better condition

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Name
    Daz

Sensible post - imagine if you had sold it just prior these events - low mileage full service history exactly the kind of thing prized by collectors and the market.

This was my first ferrari experience and the car in question was driven for 7 months then failed itís MOT (Suspension Components) and thus presented its associated big bill.

I would suggest that buyers should consider whether they are collectors, posers, or drivers and buy accordingly.

Buy on condition not mileage has always been true in the real world. Trouble is 90% of Ďconditioní is stuff you canít see unless you have a ramp and time.
    Thanks. The thing is some all cars regardless are designed to be used, or the components will simply perish over time.
    It's like you've experienced you may not see anything wrong until you go for a service or mot and you find out what's wrong and get a huge, unexpected bill.
    I suppose this can happen with any car, but at this level repairs are not cheap.

As a side note to all concerned had a conversation with parts and service today and F430 and 599 suspension components have undergone a MASSIVE price increase. You are now looking at over £300 for a track rod end.

Once the novelty of having a shiny Ferrari has worn off, and you start getting larger bills you'll start wishing you drove them more to at least get you moneys worth.
    I don't understand these super low mileage cars, and it makes me too question the 'actual' history of many of these cars (like the ones you describe) or for the genuine ones was someone too scared to drive it for fear of the bills.

Modificato is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    CPD

Hill engineering will be rubbing their hands at that news.

It will likely mean that all cars will eventually get stainless ball joints and rod ends

My local dealer will fit customer supplied parts on non-warranty cars.

sssdu01 is offline I'm Spartacus Committee Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

Hill engineering will be rubbing their hands at that news.

It will likely mean that all cars will eventually get stainless ball joints and rod ends

My local dealer will fit customer supplied parts on non-warranty cars.
    Lovetts in Swindon have fitted uprated bits to my car. I guess its easy work for the boy in the garage and it helps to pay for the shiney workshop

Also for anyone who is worried about originality, then I bet you will struggle to find any prospective buyer who would worry about seeing Hills stainless suspension bits on a 430/599/etc. They will either be really dim and wont know what a ball joint is, or have done their model research and realised that having the stainless items is a bonus

Modificato is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    CPD

Agree - given the lack of longevity for the OEM supplied parts - NOT having Hills items fitted would be a case for considering the car inferior and not as good value...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456