Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Goodbye F430, bought a P.....

100badboy100 is offline Del Boy's Reliant Robin Club Member
    Name
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by swnyradar View Post
    Last night was the pick of the weather for the bank holiday so out again, getting to know the car well now.

Itís got some black magic going on in the handling department, zero roll or understeer. If a corner starts tightening up you just turn the wheel a bit more and round she goes with no drama. Really does feel like a go cart - a very fast go cart!

Some should recognise this spot from last years WW

Attachment 152385

A quick wash tonight. I Canít get the hang of putting it into car wash mode - can get it to come up on the display but then goes back into park. Any tips?

Attachment 152386

Car wash mode...

To activate put the car in neutral when running then hit the stop button ....

Question...why are you using car wash mode? I thought it was only for use in those American automated car wash things that move your car along automatically through the wash, hence why it leaves the car in neutral with the brakes off..

I could be wrong but that's how I read it.... I don't think it actually does anything to help with a hand car wash as we do at home, apart from it leaves the car in neutral which could be a problem...

Or maybe I'm missing something when I've read the manual?

Michael

swnyradar is offline Girl's Porsche Boxster Club Member
    Name
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by 100badboy100 View Post
    Car wash mode...

To activate put the car in neutral when running then hit the stop button ....

Question...why are you using car wash mode? I thought it was only for use in those American automated car wash things that move your car along automatically through the wash, hence why it leaves the car in neutral with the brakes off..

I could be wrong but that's how I read it.... I don't think it actually does anything to help with a hand car wash as we do at home, apart from it leaves the car in neutral which could be a problem...

Or maybe I'm missing something when I've read the manual?

Michael
    No stop button on the 458 - we're still on the old fashioned barrel key Same idea though - as per manual I put in to neutral, turn off then back to position II, the display comes up as carwash mode but then it goes back in to park - I'll try again next time.

Reason for wanting in car wash mode i.e. Neutral - I don't like having to start the engine for a just a few seconds to get the car out of the garage. Also I like to move the car by hand a bit during a wash to make sure the wheels are clean in all areas. I have a level area outside the garage where I wash and I also use wheel chocks so no worries on the car running away!

I also take the handrake off (auto park brake) when its parked up in the garage as I don't like having the thing under tension for what can be weeks or even months over the winter

Mike01606 is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Well that rules 458 ownership out for me Mike ....I have to push mine in and out of the garage [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    Well that rules 458 ownership out for me Mike ....I have to push mine in and out of the garage [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I only wish I could push mine in and out. Thinking about it I might be able to push it in but if the steering was slightly off centre I'd crash

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345