Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Italy trip

Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodo View Post
    The road down the Western side of Como can be slow going and narrow in places. On the other side from Lecco to the top of the lake is a lovely drive and much much quieter. We ruled out Bellagio in the 360 after scoping it out with help from the little google street view man.
    Thanks - sod's law this was the one place where I didn't check out the roads!

Name
    Mark

dave964 is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    Dave

I don't remember having any problems with the roads around Como - guess I was lucky!

Name
    355Chris

Well, looks like we are driving both ways. Pretty much decided to visit Milan, Modena and Como in that order.

Now hotel recommendations for those locations would be great please. Obviously need good parking for all of them.

Modena ... just a reasonable hotel close to the factory. location is priority.

Milan ... something smart and elegant, convenient for getting out and seeing the sights.

Como ... lake front, ideally with beautiful gardens, grand traditional Italian villa style would be ideal.

Any other suggestions welcome.

jos is online now Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    jos

Didn't davek964 do a thread about the Italy trip he mentioned so there's probably suggestions there and generally these are not unusual places to have previous ideas - might be worth looking - MWStewart too as I recall

Name
    Grant

We stayed at the Best Western Premier Milano Palace in Modena last week.
    10 minutes walk to the very centre of Modena.
    Its just been done up, the food at the restaurant next door is great, staff were very helpful, parking outside is free if you get a ticket from the hotel but they have their own gated parking 20 Euros a day , but I am not sure how Ferrari friendly it is as we parked outside with the hire car. You will have to email them to check.
    http://www.milanopalacehotel.it/en/home-page.aspx

Name
    Grant

We also stayed at at nice hotel over looking Lake Iseo in Italy last year, Ferrari friendly, overlooking the lake but quite a way away up a hill, good food at the hotel. Nice boat trip on the lake and food on the Island.

http://www.relaismirabella.it/eng/iseo_lake_hotel.php

You can see the hotel and the lake from about 10.40mins. on my video of the trip, link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J_UuLw44_g
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by wheels1; Today at 12:53 AM.

dave964 is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jos View Post
    Didn't davek964 do a thread about the Italy trip he mentioned so there's probably suggestions there and generally these are not unusual places to have previous ideas - might be worth looking - MWStewart too as I recall
    I did. I only stayed near Como - although I did visit Modena / Maranello for a day trip and I stayed in Verona for a night.

Near Como I stayed here : http://www.villatresjolie.com/eng/index.htm

Not actually on the lake (10-15 min walk up the hill) but excellent views. Lovely place to stay, driveway in is fairly narrow at one point but it's gated parking and I was happy with my 360 there. It is a very quiet area though - not much going on in the evenings, just a few restaurants you can eat at (excellent pizza!).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234