Thread: Passione Ferrari April 2018

Name
    Hardeep

Default Passione Ferrari April 2018

Has there been any news about Passione Ferrari? I have it in my phone calendar for 28-29 April at Silverstone, but can't actually remember where I saw it in the first place

Hopefully it'll be a bit better this year, last year felt disjointed with Ferrari's parked all over the place rather than one dedicated area like a few years back.

jos is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    jos

Ferrari think its happening http://races.ferrari.com/en/corse-cl...verstone-2018/ but Silverstone have no mention

No doubt as usual details will emerge a couple of weeks before.....

I suspect the main difference to last year's event will be the weather

Modificato is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    CPD

With the cancellation of Ferrari track days up and down the country it would be great if they ran some road cars again like in 2016.

I find it boring and frustrating watching corse clienti cars ‘racing’ and while the car park is interesting for a couple of hours...

I think the other makers seem to involve their customers more in actual driving.

sssdu01 is offline No I'm Spartacus Committee Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    With the cancellation of Ferrari track days up and down the country it would be great if they ran some road cars again like in 2016.

I find it boring and frustrating watching corse clienti cars ‘racing’ and while the car park is interesting for a couple of hours...

I think the other makers seem to involve their customers more in actual driving.
    I once thought it would be good to let owners drive round a track until I did the norwich union RAC classic car run. Three or four routes all ended at Silverstone, and they let everyone go out on track for a parade lap. The lead pace car was one of the fire engine jags they used in F1 and after half a lap the Official Jag "pace car" driver had been overtaken a lot and then he chickened out and pulled off the circuit through a break in the barriers. This left cars on track with a massive skill level difference in the drivers, and at least 100MPH speed differential between the faster and slower cars. I was driving a Cobra and can honestly say it was the most scarey thing I have ever done in a car, as you had slower cars swerving all over the place in front of you if you went fast, and if you went slow and even staying off the racing line, faster cars were locking up their brakes behind me. I couldnt get off the track quick enough

Modificato is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    CPD

Last time at Passione Ferrari they put people into groups based on track experience so there were none of those issues.

Everyone - even those of us with thousands of race hours under our belts had an ‘instructor’ - in our cars.

Sounds like a nightmare the event you attended
    Last edited by Modificato; 05-02-2018 at 08:14 PM.

jos is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    jos

Default Tickets on sale

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/events/...llenge-series/

So news of freebies cannot be far behind.....

Name
    Mark

I had an email about this last week. Schedule below:

Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  175.4 KB

francisn is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Super Moderator
    Name
    Francis Newman

Quote Originally Posted by jos View Post
    Ferrari think its happening http://races.ferrari.com/en/corse-cl...verstone-2018/ but Silverstone have no mention

No doubt as usual details will emerge a couple of weeks before.....

I suspect the main difference to last year's event will be the weather
    I understand the FOC Club Secretary has a meeting with FNE next week after which more details will no doubt emerge.

F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

Have to miss it this Year as we're on the Welsh Weekender