Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad form?

Question Bad form?

Would it be bad form to post a review of my test drive of a McLaren here?

I ask because the car was exceptionally good, and it lowered my opinion of current Ferraris. So my thoughts wouldn't go down so well here perhaps.

sssdu01 is offline No I'm Spartacus Committee Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

Post away. Mod will back you up

Name
    steve

Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post

I ask because the car was exceptionally good, and it lowered my opinion of current Ferraris. So my thoughts wouldn't go down so well here perhaps.
    McLaren are the current benchmarks for Ferrari needing to catch up with

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Nothing at all wrong with posting on here, just post in ‘Other bikes, cars and toys’

Name
    CPD

Ahead on some aspects, behind on others...

sssdu01 is offline No I'm Spartacus Committee Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

When they opened their London showroom I discovered it by accident (on my way to a work meeting) tried to go in to look at the car and doors were locked, with three salesmen inside all chatting. Two looked round to see who was rattling the locked door and then carried on with their conversation. I didnt get into the showroom so will never ever even consider test driving anything from Mclaren, and they lost me as a potential customer in 10 seconds. I guess that if a middle aged bloke in a nice suit wasnt considered a potential customer, then I dread to think how they would have dealt with a .Com millionaire in scruffy jeans and trainers !!

Contrast that with Ferrari dealers every time I go in all are friendly, coffee etc on offer, guided tour of the showroom, toy cars/hats/etc for my grandsons and nothing is too much trouble. Guess what my boys are very interested in Ferrari and I haven't heard any of them ever mention McLaren.

Mclaren have a very very long way to go to build up the prestige and cult following that Ferrari enjoy, and from what I have seen they dont even try. They just dont realise that every current supercar owner was once a 10 year old boy. Just producing a "better car" than Ferrari just isnt enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    Nothing at all wrong with posting on here, just post in ĎOther bikes, cars and toysí

Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by sssdu01 View Post
    When they opened their London showroom I discovered it by accident (on my way to a work meeting) tried to go in to look at the car and doors were locked, with three salesmen inside all chatting. Two looked round to see who was rattling the locked door and then carried on with their conversation. I didnt get into the showroom so will never ever even consider test driving anything from Mclaren, and they lost me as a potential customer in 10 seconds. I guess that if a middle aged bloke in a nice suit wasnt considered a potential customer, then I dread to think how they would have dealt with a .Com millionaire in scruffy jeans and trainers !!

Contrast that with Ferrari dealers every time I go in all are friendly, coffee etc on offer, guided tour of the showroom, toy cars/hats/etc for my grandsons and nothing is too much trouble. Guess what my boys are very interested in Ferrari and I haven't heard any of them ever mention McLaren.

Mclaren have a very very long way to go to build up the prestige and cult following that Ferrari enjoy, and from what I have seen they dont even try. They just dont realise that every current supercar owner was once a 10 year old boy. Just producing a "better car" than Ferrari just isnt enough.
    I had the same / similar experience at the west end showroom when the 12C was launched - I was literally staying across the street and intending to order one. Suffice to say like you I didnít. My experience is that showrooms are not marque defined anyway they are defined by the group. Sytner will never ever get my custom ever and my local Abarth Dealer made a lfetime enemy of my wife.

Have to disagree with your last paragraph - the sales ethos and structure is exactly the same and they are matching Ferrari one for one from the 675LT onward.

Original owners are already complaining now about access to the special series cars.

I Was at a cars and coffeee this morning and the McLarens were a big hit with the kids as much as the Ferraris and Lambos

I think McLaren have gone from zero to being right there in no time at all.

Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post

Letís hear it...

F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

Quote Originally Posted by sssdu01 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    I had the same / similar experience at the west end showroom when the 12C was launched - I was literally staying across the street and intending to order one. Suffice to say like you I didnít. My experience is that showrooms are not marque defined anyway they are defined by the group. Sytner will never ever get my custom ever and my local Abarth Dealer made a lfetime enemy of my wife.

Have to disagree with your last paragraph - the sales ethos and structure is exactly the same and they are matching Ferrari one for one from the 675LT onward.

Original owners are already complaining now about access to the special series cars.

I Was at a cars and coffeee this morning and the McLarens were a big hit with the kids as much as the Ferraris and Lambos

I think McLaren have gone from zero to being right there in no time at all.
    You guys were lucky, I actually ordered one and saw first hand the arrogant, rude, disorganised, lying, underhand organisation they were. I cancelled the order after repeated failed promises of delivery. I very much saw it as a bullet dodged having seen others' cars fall apart and depreciate like a stone. Doubt I'd ever consider one of their products in the future

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast