Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 50 of 50

Thread: CS is very slow

  1. #41
    dave964's Avatar
    dave964 is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Camberley
    Name
    Dave
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    I am Virgin Media - g/f is BT.

    I'm pretty sure it's just as bad if I switch wifi off and use 4G though. What I might try next time I'm at home is switching to desktop site and see if that is different.

  2. #42
    Nosevi's Avatar
    Nosevi is online now There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Name
    Nos
    Posts
    10,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dave964 View Post
    I am Virgin Media - g/f is BT.

    I'm pretty sure it's just as bad if I switch wifi off and use 4G though. What I might try next time I'm at home is switching to desktop site and see if that is different.
    I always use desktop site, never tapatalk these days. Try logging out and clearing your cache as well. Worth a go.

  3. #43
    dave964's Avatar
    dave964 is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Camberley
    Name
    Dave
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    I always use desktop site, never tapatalk these days. Try logging out and clearing your cache as well. Worth a go.
    I don't mean tapatalk - I've never used that.

    I mean that when you use a phone / tablet, it loads a mobile version of the site not the desktop version - I wonder if that's making a difference.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    London
    Name
    Mark
    Posts
    840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    And like I say, I’ve not had this happen on any platform (including logging in on friend’s computers, in any location in the past 7 years. It seems to be account based and not platform based.

    Anyway, it wasn’t picked up when I reported it so I’ve emailed our ‘admin’ to see if he can come up with a solution.
    I did ask this before but didn't get an answer: how are the image attachments handled? Are they stored in the DB?

    A starting point would be a look at user accounts, and a comparison of the number of images associated with the account for users in this post who don't have an issue, with the account of those who do.
    Last edited by MWStewart; 10-04-2018 at 10:19 AM.

  5. #45
    Nosevi's Avatar
    Nosevi is online now There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Name
    Nos
    Posts
    10,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dave964 View Post
    I don't mean tapatalk - I've never used that.

    I mean that when you use a phone / tablet, it loads a mobile version of the site not the desktop version - I wonder if that's making a difference.
    Doubt it. Mineís always been fine, phone, ipad or pc makes no difference.

  6. #46
    Nosevi's Avatar
    Nosevi is online now There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Name
    Nos
    Posts
    10,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MWStewart View Post
    I did ask this before but didn't get an answer: how are the image attachments handled? Are they stored in the DB?

    A starting point would be a look at user accounts, and a comparison of the number of images associated with the account for users in this post who don't have an issue, with the account of those who do.
    Iíve sent our admin an email with a link go this thread so with a bit of luck he can help. Doubt itíll be number of images though - Iíve uploaded quite a few over the years.

  7. #47
    Kyodo's Avatar
    Kyodo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Windsor, UK
    Name
    Mark
    Posts
    2,058

    Default

    All good. Mac/iphone, standard Sky broadband (phone line).

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    London
    Name
    Mark
    Posts
    840

    Default

    For me: Settings > My Settings/Attachments

    You are currently using 98.57 MB to store 1,563 uploaded attachments.


  9. #49
    Nosevi's Avatar
    Nosevi is online now There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Name
    Nos
    Posts
    10,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MWStewart View Post
    For me: Settings > My Settings/Attachments

    You are currently using 98.57 MB to store 1,563 uploaded attachments.
    For me:

    You are currently using 135.21 MB to store 1,266 uploaded attachments.

    With zero issues.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    London
    Name
    Mark
    Posts
    840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    For me:

    You are currently using 135.21 MB to store 1,266 uploaded attachments.

    With zero issues.
    Thanks. Would be good to know where they are stored - if on the file system it wouldn't contribute anyway, if DB we can probably rule out indexing.

    More data to go on for your technician.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Similar Threads

  1. Slow Down
    By gary.taylor17 in forum Ferrari Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-06-2016, 11:56 PM
  2. O/T Slow down.......
    By Hazy in forum Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-11-2005, 07:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •