Thread: F430 rear bumper (for challenge look modification)

Ralph P is offline Pink pimped up Vauxhall Corsa Club Member
    Name
    Ralph Payne

Default F430 rear bumper (for challenge look modification)

Hi all,

I'm planning to fit a challenge rear grille so require a standard rear bumper which I'll have modified.... read as, cut down!

I've had my eye on eBay for a while but it appears everything offered is damaged. Scratches and chips to the surface is acceptable, but cracks and damage to the mounts is not.

In the unlikely event that anyone has a genuine "challenge look" option bumper available, obviously I will consider this too!

Thanks,

Ralph.

Ps. Also require the challenge grille (Coupe version); must be as new condition.

Name
    David

+1 Ralph but I'm happy to use my bumper and buy the challenge CF top part, need a bodyshop that is familiar with this job?

Modificato is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by dvb247 View Post
    +1 Ralph but I'm happy to use my bumper and buy the challenge CF top part, need a bodyshop that is familiar with this job?
    Dave my detailer found a local body shop that did mine - owner has a 360 himself so did a precision job. Will dig out the details itís up Warrington way.

Ralph P is offline Pink pimped up Vauxhall Corsa Club Member
    Name
    Ralph Payne

A competent bodyshop will be able to modify your existing bumper, that is not in dispute.

Personally I would rather acquire a second bumper and keep the original exactly that. I was hopeful the community would have some supply of standard F430 rear bumpers but apparently not!

For any one else who is looking... this has been on eBay for months:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-GENU...MAAOSwKBFakeXB

Price has dropped from around 700, to 595 and now 550. Offer a lot less than that though...

This for me is overly damaged, so I haven't even offered. It has suffered a serious knock to the NSR and has damaged the mounts. A repair could be out by a few mm and result in panel gap problems. If it is worth a shot for someone else, go for it!

Name
    David

Much appreciated Chris!!

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    Dave my detailer found a local body shop that did mine - owner has a 360 himself so did a precision job. Will dig out the details itís up Warrington way.

Modificato is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by dvb247 View Post
    Much appreciated Chris!!
    Here you go http://prospray.co.uk

Owner is Andrew Lennie.

They made a scriber block to get the correct cut line and the work was immaculate and better than the factory examples I have seen.

Name
    David

Awesome thanks Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    Here you go http://prospray.co.uk

Owner is Andrew Lennie.

They made a scriber block to get the correct cut line and the work was immaculate and better than the factory examples I have seen.