Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hand polishing an option?

milkshaker0007 is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    paul

Looks great Malc as it is

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

Quote Originally Posted by milkshaker0007 View Post
    Looks great Malc as it is
    Cheers, but the pictures make it look better than it is. Now the 360 has been done it really shows how bad the paint on the Alfa is. I'm tempted to have a go with my DA on the Alfa, I mean what is the worst that can happen

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Nos

Quote Originally Posted by MalcH View Post
    , I mean what is the worst that can happen

Odds on malc's next thread being asking for good paint shop recommendations?

sssdu01 is offline No I'm Spartacus Committee Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

Slight thread drift ...... but I have recently seen a few adds on interfacewebb showing "Nano Coatings/Ceramic Coatings" where you just wipe on and they leave a surface thats as slippery as teflon so the bugs etc wont stick. They have impressive pictures showing buckets of muddy water just running off the car leaving it shinny, but has anyone actually tried any of these ? Might be good for the daily or the wheels on the Ferrari ?

mon the fish is offline Hey look at that Peugot 406! Oh no it's a Ferrari 360 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

There's loads of stuff now that claims to be 'ceramic' and 'nano', but from what I can tell they are just sealants. Proper ceramic coatings can only be removed by polishing AFAIK.

If you're looking for a decent product that leaves a slippery surface, give CarPro Reload a try. Not dear and does put down a decent level of protection for a spray sealant. One of the best ones I've used and lasts well too.

For the dailys I use stuff like that, for the toy cars I tend to use stuff that shines/pops more but perhaps offers less protection - but then they're not out in all weathers etc so can get away with it

MoreThanPolish is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Sponsor
    Name
    Mark Wibberley

Lots of noise on the web about these cheap chinese made ceramics, which are, as pointed out, not what they say.

Doubtless they will offer some protection for as period but what they will do to the paint when you try to remove them is unknown.

IMHO its best to buy from known brands, especially products for expensive cars as the cost to fix if it all goes horribly wrong is more than the price saved initially.

For wheels I use Race Glaze Nano Wheel Sealant which is a nano coating, if you want a genuine home application bodywork ceramic then the 9H Kit from the same place is well regarded and utterly genuine. But why would you tip a bucket of mud on your car ?

Teflon in waxes is well established, Swissvax do one, RG have 4x4 wax which offers the same.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123