Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: South West Ferrari Cars & Coffee - regular monthly event

Name
    John Coventry

Default Sunday 12th. August

It's that time again . . . If you are not going to be celebrating the "Glorious 12th." on your favourite grouse moor slaughtering the wildlife, then bring your Ferrari along to the Haynes Museum in Sparkford to share a cup of coffee or breakfast with some fellow owners.

We plan to make this a regular event, but an informal one: turn up if you feel like it on the day, no prior commitment required. So please tell all your Ferrari-owning friends in the South West and encourage them to come along some time - this is not an FOC event and any Ferrari owner is welcome, FOC member or not. Thanks.

Date: Sunday 12th. August and the second Sunday of every month thereafter.

Time: 9.00 a.m. to 11.00 a.m. - the cafe is open for drinks from 9.00, food from 9.30 and they make a mean breakfast!

Venue: Haynes International Motor Museum There is no obligation to pay up for entry to the museum, but if you have never visited it before, it really is very much worth a look and excellent value for money - go to admission prices.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Name
    John Coventry

Default Nest meetings

Poor weather was not conducive to a great turnout, but we did have 8 cars, all mid-engined.

We also had a very convivial breakfast (after re-arranging the furniture in the cafe!) and special thanks are due to Mark Tregenna of Carrs, for rustling up a few new participants from his customer list - hopefully they will have enjoyed the event despite the weather and will come again.

The next meetings are on:

Sunday 9th. September

Sunday 14th. October

Time: 9.00 a.m. to 11.00 a.m. - the cafe is open for drinks from 9.00, food from 9.30 and they make a mean breakfast!

Venue: Haynes International Motor Museum There is no obligation to pay up for entry to the museum, but if you have never visited it before, it really is very much worth a look and excellent value for money - go to admission prices.

For our October meeting, Haynes have kindly laid on a guided tour of the museum's Workshop and Restoration Centre, by Bradley Mauger, manager of the facility, which should be very interesting, so I hope you will put this date in your diary

Photos of the last meeting can be found at https://photos.app.goo.gl/Lpnye5dSDH9GCah87

Yes, I know there's a typo in the heading, but I don't seem to be able to edit it!

Name
    John Coventry

Default September meeting

The weather forecast looks a bit better this month, so hopefully there will be a good turnout.

Sadly I shall be unable to attend as I have a family commitment. Perhaps someone could post a few photos and do a headcount? Thanks.

francisn is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Admin dude
    Name
    Francis Newman

Anyone thinking of going next Sunday? I am toying with the idea depending on whether the weather is OK. At the moment it looks a bit iffy so it will be a last minute decision. It's a 2 hour drive for me, but I have a friend nearby who I want to visit, but only if others are going and the weather is OK. Probably the last chance to have a fun run this year.

Name
    neil genge

Default Thinking of attending

What time does everyone turn up ? Cheers 🙂

A348W is offline I don't use deodorant Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

I intend to go, as the tour sounds good. Been a couple of times before and people tend to turn up from a bit before 0900 onwards.

Weather does look a bit iffy, but be one of the last events this year. I know the last wet one there were cars turning up as itís also advertised on the local foc group so gets reasonable coverage.

francisn is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Admin dude
    Name
    Francis Newman

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    I intend to go, as the tour sounds good. Been a couple of times before and people tend to turn up from a bit before 0900 onwards.

Weather does look a bit iffy, but be one of the last events this year. I know the last wet one there were cars turning up as itís also advertised on the local foc group so gets reasonable coverage.
    If you're going then that persuades me Adrian :-) I'll post on Sat when I finally decide but looking positive!

F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

Quote Originally Posted by francisn View Post
    Anyone thinking of going next Sunday? I am toying with the idea depending on whether the weather is OK. At the moment it looks a bit iffy so it will be a last minute decision. It's a 2 hour drive for me, but I have a friend nearby who I want to visit, but only if others are going and the weather is OK. Probably the last chance to have a fun run this year.

I shall be in St Lucia

Name
    Francis Newman

Quote Originally Posted by F355GTS View Post
    I shall be in St Lucia
    As one does :-)

achaddy is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    Andy Chadwick

I'm hoping to make an appearance, weather and the night before depending.

According to the BBC weather site Sunday is supposed to be dry although the start will be damp. Obviously that will more than likely change.

Will probably be looking at arriving about 9:30 as don't want to leave before 08:00 and google tells me it takes hour and half from mine.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast