Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 105

Thread: Insurance choices

  1. #1
    Arron is offline Only useful for school runs - The Ferrari 308GT4 Club Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    A Land Called Make Believ
    Name
    Arron
    Posts
    507

    Default Insurance choices

    Hello

    I'm returning to Ferrari ownership in a weeks time after a 3 year break. I have a F430 Spider coming and was hoping for some opinions on insurance providers as I'm sure it's all changed since I last insured a Ferrari.

    TIA

    Arron

  2. #2
    Mike01606's Avatar
    Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cheshire
    Name
    Mike M
    Posts
    3,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arron View Post
    Hello

    I'm returning to Ferrari ownership in a weeks time after a 3 year break. I have a F430 Spider coming and was hoping for some opinions on insurance providers as I'm sure it's all changed since I last insured a Ferrari.

    TIA

    Arron

    Welcome back.....I wish I'd bought your 360 sports exhaust!

    I use AIB for a Chubb Masterpiece policy who are now a site sponsor. Darren is the contact.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    england
    Name
    jos
    Posts
    19,095

    Default Welcome back

    Not much has changed - Locktons still do a Ferrari policy etc - some folk still like Admiral etc - last summer's discussion is still fairly relevant

  4. #4
    Arron is offline Only useful for school runs - The Ferrari 308GT4 Club Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    A Land Called Make Believ
    Name
    Arron
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    Welcome back.....I wish I'd bought your 360 sports exhaust!

    I use AIB for a Chubb Masterpiece policy who are now a site sponsor. Darren is the contact.
    Thanks Mike, the exhaust stayed on the car when I sold it to Ian Barkaway - he kept that car until recently I believe, did some concours events with it but I believe it's just been sold

  5. #5
    Arron is offline Only useful for school runs - The Ferrari 308GT4 Club Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    A Land Called Make Believ
    Name
    Arron
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jos View Post
    Not much has changed - Locktons still do a Ferrari policy etc - some folk still like Admiral etc - last summer's discussion is still fairly relevant
    Thanks Jos, I will have a search for that post

  6. #6
    MalcH's Avatar
    MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Astley, Manchester.
    Name
    Malc Holden
    Posts
    11,573

    Default

    AiB gave me the best quote this year and by about £50. ClassicLine is another I've used which was very competitive.

  7. #7
    Arron is offline Only useful for school runs - The Ferrari 308GT4 Club Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    A Land Called Make Believ
    Name
    Arron
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MalcH View Post
    AiB gave me the best quote this year and by about £50. ClassicLine is another I've used which was very competitive.
    Thanks, Iíve had one quote from Lockton which I felt was sky high at £1300 +\- based on me being totally clean driver, 48 years old, 3k miles per year etc. Waiting for AIB to call me back from the web enquiry and I have the broker I used to use for the 360 looking at it as well. For the 360 I canít ever remember paying more than £550 +\- per annum so I was surprised to get such a high figure from Lockton. Is that normal for a 430?

  8. #8
    sssdu01 is offline No I'm Spartacus Committee Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Gloucestershire UK
    Name
    Simon Dutton
    Posts
    1,442

    Default

    I used Locktons for my first year via the F.O.C. Following year I went to other brokers and got £500 off the special owners club rate.

    I now use AIB and they have shopped around for me as I want agreed value of over £100K. Think I am paying about £900.

    I did try webb based searches that you would use on the daily, and managed to get it down to about £400 but the agreed value was "Book Figure" of £27K

  9. #9
    MalcH's Avatar
    MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Astley, Manchester.
    Name
    Malc Holden
    Posts
    11,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arron View Post
    Thanks, Iíve had one quote from Lockton which I felt was sky high at £1300 +\- based on me being totally clean driver, 48 years old, 3k miles per year etc. Waiting for AIB to call me back from the web enquiry and I have the broker I used to use for the 360 looking at it as well. For the 360 I canít ever remember paying more than £550 +\- per annum so I was surprised to get such a high figure from Lockton. Is that normal for a 430?
    I think AiB will be better than Locktons.
    Try ClassicLine too. I paid £510 with AiB. Originally £450 but we negotiated a better value for the car. This was where it exceeded ClassicLine but this is my first year away from them in a good long while.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Hertfordshire/Essex
    Name
    Russell
    Posts
    443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MalcH View Post
    I think AiB will be better than Locktons.
    Try ClassicLine too. I paid £510 with AiB. Originally £450 but we negotiated a better value for the car. This was where it exceeded ClassicLine but this is my first year away from them in a good long while.
    I've used Classic line for a few years - think they're really good. I'm sure AIB are too and a sponsor.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tyre Choices for 575M
    By Chriss in forum Ferrari Talk
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 31-07-2018, 07:20 PM
  2. Choices??
    By 355Chris in forum Ferrari Talk
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 14-02-2017, 03:08 PM
  3. 3 service choices - which would you recommend
    By birdseye in forum Ferrari Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 21-12-2016, 07:26 PM
  4. 430 rear bumper choices
    By no8080 in forum Ferrari Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 17-04-2013, 08:05 PM
  5. Exhaust choices for 360
    By no8080 in forum Ferrari Talk
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-02-2012, 07:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •