Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Insurance choices

Arron is offline Only useful for school runs - The Ferrari 308GT4 Club Member
    Name
    Arron

Default Insurance choices

Hello

I'm returning to Ferrari ownership in a weeks time after a 3 year break. I have a F430 Spider coming and was hoping for some opinions on insurance providers as I'm sure it's all changed since I last insured a Ferrari.

TIA

Arron

Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by Arron View Post
    Hello

I'm returning to Ferrari ownership in a weeks time after a 3 year break. I have a F430 Spider coming and was hoping for some opinions on insurance providers as I'm sure it's all changed since I last insured a Ferrari.

TIA

Arron

Welcome back.....I wish I'd bought your 360 sports exhaust!

I use AIB for a Chubb Masterpiece policy who are now a site sponsor. Darren is the contact.

Name
    jos

Default Welcome back

Not much has changed - Locktons still do a Ferrari policy etc - some folk still like Admiral etc - last summer's discussion is still fairly relevant

Name
    Arron

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    Welcome back.....I wish I'd bought your 360 sports exhaust!

I use AIB for a Chubb Masterpiece policy who are now a site sponsor. Darren is the contact.
    Thanks Mike, the exhaust stayed on the car when I sold it to Ian Barkaway - he kept that car until recently I believe, did some concours events with it but I believe it's just been sold

Name
    Arron

Quote Originally Posted by jos View Post
    Not much has changed - Locktons still do a Ferrari policy etc - some folk still like Admiral etc - last summer's discussion is still fairly relevant
    Thanks Jos, I will have a search for that post

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

AiB gave me the best quote this year and by about £50. ClassicLine is another I've used which was very competitive.

Name
    Arron

Quote Originally Posted by MalcH View Post
    AiB gave me the best quote this year and by about £50. ClassicLine is another I've used which was very competitive.
    Thanks, Iíve had one quote from Lockton which I felt was sky high at £1300 +\- based on me being totally clean driver, 48 years old, 3k miles per year etc. Waiting for AIB to call me back from the web enquiry and I have the broker I used to use for the 360 looking at it as well. For the 360 I canít ever remember paying more than £550 +\- per annum so I was surprised to get such a high figure from Lockton. Is that normal for a 430?

sssdu01 is offline No I'm Spartacus Committee Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

I used Locktons for my first year via the F.O.C. Following year I went to other brokers and got £500 off the special owners club rate.

I now use AIB and they have shopped around for me as I want agreed value of over £100K. Think I am paying about £900.

I did try webb based searches that you would use on the daily, and managed to get it down to about £400 but the agreed value was "Book Figure" of £27K

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

Quote Originally Posted by Arron View Post
    Thanks, Iíve had one quote from Lockton which I felt was sky high at £1300 +\- based on me being totally clean driver, 48 years old, 3k miles per year etc. Waiting for AIB to call me back from the web enquiry and I have the broker I used to use for the 360 looking at it as well. For the 360 I canít ever remember paying more than £550 +\- per annum so I was surprised to get such a high figure from Lockton. Is that normal for a 430?
    I think AiB will be better than Locktons.
    Try ClassicLine too. I paid £510 with AiB. Originally £450 but we negotiated a better value for the car. This was where it exceeded ClassicLine but this is my first year away from them in a good long while.

Name
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by MalcH View Post
    I think AiB will be better than Locktons.
    Try ClassicLine too. I paid £510 with AiB. Originally £450 but we negotiated a better value for the car. This was where it exceeded ClassicLine but this is my first year away from them in a good long while.
    I've used Classic line for a few years - think they're really good. I'm sure AIB are too and a sponsor.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast