Thread: seeking F430 sports exhaust ideally backbox not a full system

Name
    Gregor Wallace

Default seeking F430 sports exhaust ideally backbox not a full system

for 2007 model F430
    time to get something that makes a decent noise having done without one since I sold my Loud 360!

Name
    cgt

I discussed this in quite a lot of detail with Ed at Christian Lewis when I had a 430.

He advised to stick with standard as even if you spend thousands on an exhaust a 430 will never have that high pitched F1 sound you could get from a 360 due to different engine design.

Not wanting to dissuade you but just sharing my experience, for me the noise was the most disappointing aspect of the 430.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by cgt View Post
    I discussed this in quite a lot of detail with Ed at Christian Lewis when I had a 430.

He advised to stick with standard as even if you spend thousands on an exhaust a 430 will never have that high pitched F1 sound you could get from a 360 due to different engine design.

Not wanting to dissuade you but just sharing my experience, for me the noise was the most disappointing aspect of the 430.

The x-pipe designs from makers such as Kline will give you what you are looking for. If you also do the manifolds you will get a superior sound to the 360.

Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by cgt View Post

Actually it is possible to surpass it by some margin. I have made my own exhaust and it has the 360 sound, maybe a little higher. The Kline Innovation system takes it to another level - think 355 Capristo. It is valved and as civil as the standard system with the valves closed.

Name
    cgt

Quote Originally Posted by MWStewart View Post
    Actually it is possible to surpass it by some margin. I have made my own exhaust and it has the 360 sound, maybe a little higher. The Kline Innovation system takes it to another level - think 355 Capristo. It is valved and as civil as the standard system with the valves closed.
    I wish I had known you when I had mine! I spent a lot of time discussing this with Ed.