Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ceramic paint protection

ric355 is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by MalcH View Post
    Sounds good. I've been looking at this for a while. Had the 360 paint corrected a couple of months back and I'm scared when I wash it now, even bought two buckets and grit guards . Combined with a first for me in many, many years I'm getting a brand new car in October and they've offered paint protection but I'm not sure what it actually is. Anyway I think I'm going to do this myself on both the 360 and new car.

Is this it? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CarPro-CQ...QAAOSw2idbNhsw
    Hi Malc,

I bought mine here.

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/carpr...rtz-uk-3-0-kit

I wouldn't go with eBay for something like this as you can't tell whether it's genuine or not. I bought the 50ml one, and it did two cars with about 20ml left, one coat per car.

Note that I don't have any evidence on its ability to resist swirls from poor washing technique. However, one big difference with it is when you pre-wash rinse it, a lot of the dirt just washes off so the chances of scratches are significantly minimized. But if you have grit on your wash mitt, it won't stop it from scratching.

Ref whether that eBay seller is from the UK, they are VAT registered and have a UK address in Cambridge, and "World of Detailing" does have a website, so they are probably just not very good at writing eBay adverts (I didn't scan for the supposed poor English mentioned by someone else).
    Last edited by ric355; 02-09-2018 at 07:07 PM.

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

Quote Originally Posted by MoreThanPolish View Post

MalcH - reading the description, its written in poor English so I'd wonder if the product is genuine ? If its UK product I'd expect flawless grammar.

An alternative product is ours, not available on popular auction sites though, and optimised for home application. Ideal for a new car or resprayed car application. I'd give it 4-6 weeks before doing a newly painted car.

See: http://www.raceglaze.co.uk/car-care-...ss-coating-uk/
    Would I be OK to use it on my 360 which has just had paint correction? I'm not sure what polish etc, was used but I can find out.

Quote Originally Posted by ric355 View Post
    Hi Malc,

I bought mine here.

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/carpr...rtz-uk-3-0-kit

I wouldn't go with eBay for something like this as you can't tell whether it's genuine or not. I bought the 50ml one, and it did two cars with about 20ml left, one coat per car.

Note that I don't have any evidence on its ability to resist swirls from poor washing technique. However, one big difference with it is when you pre-wash rinse it, a lot of the dirt just washes off so the chances of scratches are significantly minimized. But if you have grit on your wash mitt, it won't stop it from scratching.

Ref whether that eBay seller is from the UK, they are VAT registered and have a UK address in Cambridge, and "World of Detailing" does have a website, so they are probably just not very good at writing eBay adverts (I didn't scan for the supposed poor English mentioned by someone else).
    Thanks. I'll bare both in mind

dave964 is offline No I'm Spartacus Club Member
    Name
    Dave

Any recommendations where to get this done, preferably in the South East?

The paintwork on my 650 seems to be immaculate, and I'd like to keep it that way - especially protecting against bird deposits. But I don't really trust myself to do it - I'd rather it was professional, and somewhere that has proven they know what they're doing.

Name
    Mark Wibberley

The Ferrari Centre in Maidstone have been trained by my company as Kenolon Authorised Detailers for application of the Kenotek 9H ceramic system which has had thousands of applications throughout the UK.

They'll be doing my front bumper when I have that resprayed in January. So they know what they are doing, have a great, proven product and are totally used to this kind of car. Oh, and wont rip you off unlike some of the detailing studios out there.

Note that there is a national network of Kenolon Approved Detailers nationwide.

Also covering the SE are:
    Richard Tipper, Perfection Detailing, London http://www.perfectiondetailing.co.uk/ Tel: 07860 336825
    Dean Byrne, Hi-Shine, Kent http://www.hi-shine.co.uk/ Tel: 07837 069826

If you want to apply a DIY suitable product yourself, then the Race Glaze 9H Ceramic Kit is for you: https://www.raceglaze.co.uk/car-care...ss-coating-uk/

Name
    Dave

Thanks - I'll see if there are any authorised detailers close, and if not I'll give those numbers a call.

Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Dave Zís company covers your also Dave....

Name
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    Dave Zís company covers your also Dave....
    Thanks. Took a look at his website, and it looks like it's probably £500+ - I was hoping for more like the £300-400 quoted earlier in the thread.

Maybe I will do it myself - from reading up on it, it doesn't seem much more complicated than giving the car a good clean / clay and applying it pretty much like you would some wax.

Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by dave964 View Post
    Thanks. Took a look at his website, and it looks like it's probably £500+ - I was hoping for more like the £300-400 quoted earlier in the thread.

Maybe I will do it myself - from reading up on it, it doesn't seem much more complicated than giving the car a good clean / clay and applying it pretty much like you would some wax.
    Send him a PM....Iím sure heíll offer you a CS special

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name
    Andy Chadwick

Quote Originally Posted by dave964 View Post

Having spoken to Dave about applying this stuff itís not as easy as that to achieve a flawless result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name
    Dave

His inbox was full, but I messaged him through his website and did get a quote last week. Prices roughly £600 / £800 / £1k + vat for single stage / 2 stage / 3 stage.

I'm tempted by the 3 stage, but the car is back at McLaren having the wheels sorted this week so will decide after that. I must admit, much as I want it I'm currently thinking there are other things I need to spend the money on.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123