Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ceramic paint protection

ric355 is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by MalcH View Post
    Sounds good. I've been looking at this for a while. Had the 360 paint corrected a couple of months back and I'm scared when I wash it now, even bought two buckets and grit guards . Combined with a first for me in many, many years I'm getting a brand new car in October and they've offered paint protection but I'm not sure what it actually is. Anyway I think I'm going to do this myself on both the 360 and new car.

Is this it? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CarPro-CQ...QAAOSw2idbNhsw
    Hi Malc,

I bought mine here.

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/carpr...rtz-uk-3-0-kit

I wouldn't go with eBay for something like this as you can't tell whether it's genuine or not. I bought the 50ml one, and it did two cars with about 20ml left, one coat per car.

Note that I don't have any evidence on its ability to resist swirls from poor washing technique. However, one big difference with it is when you pre-wash rinse it, a lot of the dirt just washes off so the chances of scratches are significantly minimized. But if you have grit on your wash mitt, it won't stop it from scratching.

Ref whether that eBay seller is from the UK, they are VAT registered and have a UK address in Cambridge, and "World of Detailing" does have a website, so they are probably just not very good at writing eBay adverts (I didn't scan for the supposed poor English mentioned by someone else).
    Last edited by ric355; 02-09-2018 at 07:07 PM.

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

Quote Originally Posted by MoreThanPolish View Post

MalcH - reading the description, its written in poor English so I'd wonder if the product is genuine ? If its UK product I'd expect flawless grammar.

An alternative product is ours, not available on popular auction sites though, and optimised for home application. Ideal for a new car or resprayed car application. I'd give it 4-6 weeks before doing a newly painted car.

See: http://www.raceglaze.co.uk/car-care-...ss-coating-uk/
    Would I be OK to use it on my 360 which has just had paint correction? I'm not sure what polish etc, was used but I can find out.

Quote Originally Posted by ric355 View Post
    Hi Malc,

I bought mine here.

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/carpr...rtz-uk-3-0-kit

I wouldn't go with eBay for something like this as you can't tell whether it's genuine or not. I bought the 50ml one, and it did two cars with about 20ml left, one coat per car.

Note that I don't have any evidence on its ability to resist swirls from poor washing technique. However, one big difference with it is when you pre-wash rinse it, a lot of the dirt just washes off so the chances of scratches are significantly minimized. But if you have grit on your wash mitt, it won't stop it from scratching.

Ref whether that eBay seller is from the UK, they are VAT registered and have a UK address in Cambridge, and "World of Detailing" does have a website, so they are probably just not very good at writing eBay adverts (I didn't scan for the supposed poor English mentioned by someone else).
    Thanks. I'll bare both in mind

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123