Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 'CS Weekender' tour dates & Locations

achaddy is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    Andy Chadwick

Oh and the dates are good as well for me. I think

A348W is offline Remember the Alamo! Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Dates sound good. Only one holiday booked fro next year in the summer!

Airfield sounds like a good plan.

We could always wait till Dyson builds his test track and sneaking and have a night-time session Show him what a real car is all about; although I hear he has some toys including F car.

swnyradar is offline My pants are filled with custard Club Member
    Name
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    If we are looking at the full track day maybe we're all better joining the FOC and going to Silverstone?
    Another thought for track days, (not just for this thread) - Couldn't somebody with FOC clout or the CS Committee, approach the FOC to ask about having CS members participate on one / some of theirs? I understand that they struggle with numbers and this would certainly help.

I'm sure there's lots of politics that may prevent this from happening, but if you don't ask etc...

I can see the headlines now: "Those hooligans from CS....."

A348W is offline Remember the Alamo! Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by swnyradar View Post
    Another thought for track days, (not just for this thread) - Couldn't somebody with FOC clout or the CS Committee, approach the FOC to ask about having CS members participate on one / some of theirs? I understand that they struggle with numbers and this would certainly help.

I'm sure there's lots of politics that may prevent this from happening, but if you don't ask etc...

The FOC have no grounds to complain...were they not the ones who disrupted the tranquillity of Port Meirion last year; and suffered the wrath of "Roger" and his Trip Advisor review?

mon the fish is offline Hey look at that Peugot 406! Oh no it's a Ferrari 360 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

I struggle with getting them to organise anything for all the members in Scotland, or within 5 hours drive of the members in my Area Group so good luck...

F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

tbh there are many more options to having a fun, safe trackday for a much more realistic price than going to the FOC

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    The FOC have no grounds to complain...were they not the ones who disrupted the tranquillity of Port Meirion last year; and suffered the wrath of "Roger" and his Trip Advisor review?
    Norman I think it was

swnyradar is offline My pants are filled with custard Club Member
    Name
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by F355GTS View Post
    tbh there are many more options to having a fun, safe trackday for a much more realistic price than going to the FOC

Agreed Airfield type event is definitely my preference.

Name
    Mark Collins

I've driven on most airfields as trackways// driver training with MSE. In the past they've held days at Abingdon, Colerne, Heyford, Hullavington, Keevil, Wroughton, Enstone, Kemble and recently at Lyneham. They now only do days at Abingdon.

Kemble went commercial, Hullavington and Heyford have been sold, Keevil is active again, Lyneham and Colerne have anti car neighbours and the RAF/ Army are too frightened to upset them.

If Marston doesn't work Wroughton might be a possibility but surface is or certainly was poor, doubt Abingdon will be possible. Let me speak to MSE, they'll know if there's anything

Have emailed MSE, will advise

Mike01606 is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Have emailed MSE, will advise

Name
    Mark Collins

MSE are on the case and will come back to me, may be a little while as I'm away but watch this space

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast