Thread: 550 Battery Replacement

Name
    jonnyjonkers

Default 550 Battery Replacement

My 550 wouldn't start [again] Saturday so I called The AA and booked the fitting of a new battery for Sunday morning, stressing that a performance car would need a suitable battery.

The fitter was prompt and, after having to move the expansion tank out of the way, soon had the old battery out . A new 096 battery was fitted and that's when the error was spotted; the terminals were the other way round. I need an 096R.

Just over 2 hours later, after a futile trip to Halfords, we're back at square one with the old battery refitted and the car started on a booster pack. It's presently back at home and on trickle-charge / life-support.

I now need to source a new battery myself. All a bit of a waste of time really. I don't blame The AA but it's all very frustrating.

F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

Tayna.co.uk are very good and generally very competitive with next day delivery

A348W is offline Girl's Porsche Boxster Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Anything that stops you playing with your toy is frustrating for sure.

Just order a new battery online; done that several times for the boat. Never takes long to turn up.

Name
    jonnyjonkers

Quote Originally Posted by F355GTS View Post
    Tayna.co.uk are very good and generally very competitive with next day delivery
    Funnily enough I was just looking at them - thanks for the recommendation. I'll go like-for-like and order the VARTA, it seems pretty reasonable at £86 delivered.

Name
    jonnyjonkers

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyjonkers View Post
    Funnily enough I was just looking at them - thanks for the recommendation. I'll go like-for-like and order the VARTA, it seems pretty reasonable at £86 delivered.
    Nice little Brucie Bonus; used discount code FACEBOOK45 and rec'd a whopping 2.7% discount, or £2.28! Every little helps

F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

Nice little Brucie Bonus; used discount code FACEBOOK45 and rec'd a whopping 2.7% discount, or £2.28! Every little helps

Mike01606 is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

A big recommendation from me also....I won’t buy batteries from anywhere else. Next day delivery and properly shipped.

The last one I bought was an Exide AGM.

milkshaker0007 is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    paul

Lucy for me I have a small company located in cradley Heath called Rock Batteries, all he sells is every conceivable battery you ever thought of, from industry floor cleaning machines to AA's
    He put a new battery in my emergency jump charger pack last week (over 10 years old) I thought I'd just bin it. but he said bring it down and I'll fit you a new battery into it instead of buying a new charger pack,
    Pulled one off the shelf and charged me £25 all in.
    This place is totally unique.(very old school)
    Every car I've ever owned has gone to Les at Rock
    He has all the test equipment onsite and is a great Guy, all my family and mates use him, small family busines, no website but I believe he is on Facebook?

Name
    jonnyjonkers

Nice to hear businesses like that still exist in this day & age. Good luck to them.