Thread: F430 Spider CEL

JohnJStewart is offline Only useful for school runs - The Ferrari 308GT4 Club Member
    Name
    John Stewart

Default F430 Spider CEL

This is a bit of a puzzler. My car has been in storage for the last 4 years coming out once a year for the Le Mans pilgrimage. About 4 years ago the yellow CEL light came on. I did a reset and it went away. The car drives fine and nothing else seems to be an issue. It had stock exhaust and manifolds. Since then I have changed both for a Ferrari Sports Exhaust and Superspeed Headers. The light still comes on. I took the car to have mini cats fitted in the hope that it would fix the problem but the light came back on after a 100 miles or so this weekend on a short trip.

I've checked the fuel cap tightness and the cheap EOBD device is showing P000B on the LHS. Google suggests this is an issue with Cam timing/angle and that the fault might be a duff Cam position sensor or damaged cable/wire.

Has anyone got any further thoughts - I am going to try and get it onto an SD3 locally if possible before making a long trip to preferred maintainers.

Thanks.

jos is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    jos

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJStewart View Post
    I am going to try and get it onto an SD3 locally if possible
    Richmond Surrey ? If so then try Elias @ Autoficcina

JohnJStewart is offline Only useful for school runs - The Ferrari 308GT4 Club Member
    Name
    John Stewart

Default F430 CEL

Thanks Jos. Went over to see Elias, lovely team. Diagnosed as a leaky Cam Position Sensor which had failed. Car now in for repairs and all being well back Friday and no more pesky CEL. Ever!! Also checking earth points as they can fail on older models. Good experience so far. Thanks for the recommendation.