Thread: Unbelievable!!! UK

milkshaker0007 is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    paul

Default Unbelievable!!! UK

Could happy to anyone of us
    Scum, parents must be so F@@King proud.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/th...n-over.585856/

Name
    fezzaman

Quote Originally Posted by milkshaker0007 View Post
    Could happy to anyone of us
    Scum, parents must be so F@@King proud.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/th...n-over.585856/
    That's shocking. What ever happened to teaching kids to simply respect other peoples property, whether it is a skoda or a Ferrari the same rule applies.

The worse bit is his parents probably couldn't give a t*ss and will more likely give him a high five rather than a dressing down.

Unfortunately I am also learning this sort of thing comes part and parcel of owning a Ferrari. Many people just can't simply appreciate them for what they are, and instead do stupid things like this.
    Last edited by fezzaman; 11-10-2018 at 10:30 AM.

Name
    Will Finch

Awful to see.

Unfortunate reality is that the police/parents probably won't do much.

Karma does have a nasty habit of catching up with people however...

Name
    Allan Fisher

Default Kids

No respect for other peoples peoples property. Feral animals! It happened to my old Lotus Europa back in the day too

Name
    ian

its one reason we never leave our car parked on the road side...especially overnight or in a quiet area.. always private or secure parking
    once had to leave the 550 outside the hotel as we could not get into the parking area..next morning some churl had dawbed red lipstick all over the passanger door handle... how effing clever !!!

Name
    Carper Mike

Quote Originally Posted by WF36 View Post
    Awful to see.

Unfortunate reality is that the police/parents probably won't do much.

Karma does have a nasty habit of catching up with people however...
    Terrible ..... i hope Karma wields a big stick !

Name
    Paul

I have first-hand experience with this !

Going to keep it short as it was and still is a very upsetting for us for many reasons and not just the action of the kid but the aftermath.

A 13 year old ran over the wife’s nearly new Cayman GTS as spotted by a neighbour at work, went and found said kid and restrained him and call the Police, they did not turn up for 45 minutes and then they did not turn up from my phone call but from a member of the public who was concerned for the lads safety!! I did not lay a finger on him.

He admitted it to the police, they really did not want to do anything about it but as he had dented the roof he had to take the lad into the station. I still remember the look on the coppers face “ I have got to do the paper work now” He advised that we don’t press charges but go down the route but resolution in regards to getting the damaged repaired and paid for.

This was a mistake as it’s this that has really left us with a very sour taste in the mouth, not only from the kid’s dad’s actions but the police totally screwing up the correct procedure and then trying to cover it up with “sorry there is no more we can do” More over I was interviewed under caution in relation to phone call to the police of me restraining the kid,

This was over 18 months ago and last week we finally got the payment for the damaged caused but only after a chance meeting with a new local police sergeant who came into us for some work to be done on his motorbike engine. It is him who went and got it sorted but that took nearly 2 months of him pursuing the kid’s father with only stern words and the fact he has was a police officer. He had to do a fair about of “bluffing” as he did not have the law on his side as such due to the way the previous officers has handled it.

At no point did the lad’s mom or dad come and see us or apologise quite the opposite! The lad was seen the next day playing football over the road from work.

The youth of today ay

Mike01606 is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Sorry to hear that Paul....

Typical no deterrent culture and expectation that the insurance will just clean it up.
    It’s about time they pursued the individuals and guardians for this type of BS and set a few examples. It they can’t pay they should smack rocks or pick litter for a good while.

Unfortunately whatever your politics we have an opposition whose rhetoric will be seen as condoning and excusing this type of behaviour.
    “Poor little Johnny....it’s because he hasn’t the latest iPhone”.

Political correctness is killing this country.....

A348W is offline Girl's Porsche Boxster Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Symptom of a soft politically correct society with a police force with too few people!

Friend of mine's daughter had her IPhone stolen from school. "Find my IPhone" worked very well. He tracked it to a particular house, and called the police. Police couldn't be bothered to come out, but did make an appearance when it was a reported a "strange man" was lurking outside a house! Scholl also did nothing, despite the fact that it happened on school property!

Whilst he did get the phone back, it just highlights the "strange" world we now live in.

If you did that in my day, best you hope that you don't get caught! And heaven help you if it was in Quebec and their cops got hold of you.

Name
    fezzaman

There are too many people out there who envy others having nice things. Only a couple of weeks ago I parked my car up to quickly pop into my local supermarket to pick up a couple of bits and came out to a 5-10cm key scratch on the rear of the car. It could have been much worse but it really grinds me how it makes some people feel better about themselves by damaging someone else's property.

I have never had this with any of my other cars, so unfortunately I think it is just something that comes part and parcel of owning a Ferrari which is a real shame.