Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sudden Mondial t lust

Name
    robert batt

So, I'm a couple of weeks into my Mondial T ownership.

I have to keep pinching myself at the value for money that my new Ferrari offers. At the moment the stand out items are the usability of the 300 HP with that open gated manual box, the difference that the three suspension settings make to the driving experience and the Testarossa switchgear and interior. Having owned a 612 and a 360 in recent years and I have been very surprised at the response that I'm getting from passers-by to my Mondial T. In my two previous Ferraris most people would adopt an attitude of studied indifference, whereas in the Mondial T, strangers are coming up to me in petrol stations and in the street and congratulating me on "such a lovely looking car". I am guessing that there must be something much more approachable about a Mondial and I am enjoying this new response. Maybe the Pininfarina design is finally starting to work 30 years later? I certainly wouldn't have bought one a few years ago.

My wife even likes the car!

Nosevi is online now There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Nos

Quote Originally Posted by Belfry View Post
    So, I'm a couple of weeks into my Mondial T ownership.

I have to keep pinching myself at the value for money that my new Ferrari offers. At the moment the stand out items are the usability of the 300 HP with that open gated manual box, the difference that the three suspension settings make to the driving experience and the Testarossa switchgear and interior. Having owned a 612 and a 360 in recent years and I have been very surprised at the response that I'm getting from passers-by to my Mondial T. In my two previous Ferraris most people would adopt an attitude of studied indifference, whereas in the Mondial T, strangers are coming up to me in petrol stations and in the street and congratulating me on "such a lovely looking car". I am guessing that there must be something much more approachable about a Mondial and I am enjoying this new response. Maybe the Pininfarina design is finally starting to work 30 years later? I certainly wouldn't have bought one a few years ago.

My wife even likes the car!
    All sounds good to me. Everything you describe mirrors my experience of owning her ‘sister car’ for a little over 8 years, especially the responce I get from people. Regarding the engine and performance which is almost identical, I’ve yet to actually want or need more. The cars are basically small enough and nimble enough to be fun but have enough oomf for a quick dart down a straight between the twisty bits. Where I think the Mondial T scores highly over the 348 is in its flexibility - it does what a 348 does in terms of a fun blat in the countriside but then you can cruise for hours in far more comfort with 4 seats and more room for golf clubs (I have to take a pencil bag in the 348). What’s not to like? Especially as they’re so easy to work on yourself.

Name
    P J

yup...my own experience too - folk were always very friendly to me when I pulled up in my Mondi t. Lots of thumbs up when driving, and interest when I took it to shows.

put test pipes and a nice exhaust on it!

A car aging well with every passing year, but held back by the very strict 'Ferrari Heirarchy'!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234