Thread: Warning - Montreux Grand Prix organisation team

Name
    richard mark dodds

Default Warning - Montreux Grand Prix organisation team

I attended the 2014 Montreux Grand Prix and had a truly great time (posted on this website) and as its typically every 4 years, registered early in May 2018, for the event in Sept 13-16th, 2018.

The MGP team Ezio, Laurent & Laura, ask you to pay by bank transfer, presumably to avoid credit card fees, but I didn't think twice about it and paid my CHF 2,125 deposit straight away.

It seems as though registration was not very strong and so in they July they continued registration with the ability to cancel with a full refund until August 31st.

In August my mother, who was in good health, suddenly had a brain stroke and so unsure of the recovery process, on August 16th I asked to cancel and for a refund. This was refused (what is that about treating your best & most enthusiastic customers with the worst terms). As my cancellation was refused, I still hoped to attend should by mother's health improve. Unfortunately this was not the case and her health deteriorated further and I had naturally to be in the UK where she was in hospital. She sadly died on the morning of Monday Sept 17th, the day after the Montreux Grand Prix.

I sent Ezio, Laurent and Laura an official copy of the death certificate, they still refused to refund me and told me to claim on my insurance. I asked them exactly what insurance that was as they instructed payment by bank transfer, not credit card and didn't offer any cancellation insurance themselves to clients.

So obviously I will not be attending any further editions of the MGP and let this serve as a character reference for the heartfelt organisation team.....

A348W is offline Remember the Alamo! Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

That is truly sad behaviour. You would hope that you would have been treated better, but greed is an ugly thing.

Just looking on their website, I see they have a lot of sponsors and partners. Personally I would while away an evening writing to the head of marketing of all of them "...do you really want to be associated with....!" And a few choice words on facebook always seems to get a response these days!! I'm sure it wont get you anywhere, but for me I'd feel a little better; but that is just me.

So next year come along to a Scuderia Forum weekend; might not be as glamourous but sure is a blast (Maybe we can get MGP blamed for "disturbing the early morning peace" at some hotel we were never at)

(Goes without saying I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your mother.)

Name
    richard mark dodds

thks Adrian, it just seems fundamentally wrong human behaviour, I have indeed just created a Facebook account

Nosevi is offline There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Nos

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    That is truly sad behaviour. You would hope that you would have been treated better, but greed is an ugly thing.

Just looking on their website, I see they have a lot of sponsors and partners. Personally I would while away an evening writing to the head of marketing of all of them "...do you really want to be associated with....!" And a few choice words on facebook always seems to get a response these days!! I'm sure it wont get you anywhere, but for me I'd feel a little better; but that is just me.

So next year come along to a Scuderia Forum weekend; might not be as glamourous but sure is a blast (Maybe we can get MGP blamed for "disturbing the early morning peace" at some hotel we were never at)

(Goes without saying I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your mother.)
    +1 to all of the above.