Thread: Alfa 4C & Giulia Quadrifoglio

Name
    Boxer

Default Alfa 4C & Giulia Quadrifoglio

I just posted a new blog on the Alfa 4C & Giulia Quadrifoglio: https://karenable.com/alfas-the-4c-giulia-quadrifoglio/

Thoughts?

A348W is online now I don't use deodorant Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Good write up; thanks for posting

I briefly considered the 4c, but for me a sports car like this needs more than 4 cylinders and the interior was awful as you say, the switch gear was the same as from a giulietta which I had for a bit; and absolutely hated!

Name
    Boxer

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    Good write up; thanks for posting

I briefly considered the 4c, but for me a sports car like this needs more than 4 cylinders and the interior was awful as you say, the switch gear was the same as from a giulietta which I had for a bit; and absolutely hated!
    Much appreciated. Agree 100% on 4 cylinders.

sweeni is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    David Todd

Enjoyed that read.
    So good to see that Alfa are back in the game and making desirable, well made (is this actually a 'back' or a first?), good handling drivers cars. Wonder if they might make me an estate version.....
    On the thorny issue of 4 cylinder sports cars, Porsche have come in for a lot of criticism for going to turbo 4's but looks like Alpine (Alpeen...) might have got it right with theirs perhaps.
    "When Lance "cries" on Oprah , spare a thought for all of those genuine people who walked away with no reward just shattered dreams. Each one of them is worth a thousand Lances"

Name
    Boxer

Quote Originally Posted by sweeni View Post
    Enjoyed that read.
    So good to see that Alfa are back in the game and making desirable, well made (is this actually a 'back' or a first?), good handling drivers cars. Wonder if they might make me an estate version.....
    On the thorny issue of 4 cylinder sports cars, Porsche have come in for a lot of criticism for going to turbo 4's but looks like Alpine (Alpeen...) might have got it right with theirs perhaps.
    Most likely a first on reliability

and thanks

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

In my mid 50's and thinking ahead about retirement (not sure what/when that will actually be) and a car I think I will afford then. My 360 I most likely won't.
    I've thought about a 2004/5/6 Aston Martin V8 though again to maintain it's probably no different to the Ferrari.

It leaves either a mid 60's Mustang or recently I thought about a 4c. I've had a few Alfas (two daily and one weekend). As said here, I'm not sure 4 is enough though.
    Looks like Line Dancing and Mustangs for me

Great write-up though the Alfa list price for a 4c is a shade under 60k. You might struggle to get an F355 RHD (UK) for that money so a 360 (which could match on price) would be a better comparison maybe?

Name
    Boxer

Quote Originally Posted by MalcH View Post
    In my mid 50's and thinking ahead about retirement (not sure what/when that will actually be) and a car I think I will afford then. My 360 I most likely won't.
    I've thought about a 2004/5/6 Aston Martin V8 though again to maintain it's probably no different to the Ferrari.

It leaves either a mid 60's Mustang or recently I thought about a 4c. I've had a few Alfas (two daily and one weekend). As said here, I'm not sure 4 is enough though.
    Looks like Line Dancing and Mustangs for me

Great write-up though the Alfa list price for a 4c is a shade under 60k. You might struggle to get an F355 RHD (UK) for that money so a 360 (which could match on price) would be a better comparison maybe?
    I guess F355s have really jumped in the UK. In the US they are $50-70k cars depending on condition these days.

Ironically, the cheapest car I have from a maintenance POV in the past year is the F40.

Name
    birdseye

Quote Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
    I guess F355s have really jumped in the UK. In the US they are $50-70k cars depending on condition these days.
    Yes there is no rationality to it. Here they are $100/120 cars in decent nick. And whilst they were special in their time, they most certainly arent special now.

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

Quote Originally Posted by Boxer View Post

Ironically, the cheapest car I have from a maintenance POV in the past year is the F40.
    Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    Yes there is no rationality to it. Here they are $100/120 cars in decent nick. And whilst they were special in their time, they most certainly arent special now.
    I bought my F355 in 2010 and sold it in 2015. I made a healthy profit however they have increased since then and my old F355 was on the market in 2017 for another 20k on top of what I sold it for.