Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Still] California Dreaming

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

Name
    jonnyjonkers

Cheers MalcH, but my heart is set on a California T (I just need to get my head around it!)

Possible test drive of a Cali-T this weekend and if the weather holds out I'll be taking the 430.

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyjonkers View Post
    Cheers MalcH, but my heart is set on a California T (I just need to get my head around it!)

Possible test drive of a Cali-T this weekend and if the weather holds out I'll be taking the 430.
    Just thought I'd double check

Name
    Simon

Did you make a decision - how was the test drive???

Name
    jonnyjonkers

Quote Originally Posted by Siy View Post
    Did you make a decision - how was the test drive???
    You know, I've slept on it for a couple of nights now and I think I'll just stick with what I have. I mean, a 430 and a 550 are good stable mates and do everything I need, why should I go looking for more?

The Cali T looked good in the metal, although when I took it outside the grey paintwork seemed to match the weather, the sky and even the road! I'm not someone who likes to stand out but I at least like to be seen!

I first drove a Cali T back in 2015 (I wrote about it for the Ferrari mag and have reread the article recently) but last Saturday I didn't really have that same 'wow' factor as before. I blame the 430 for ticking too many boxes on my Want List.

Oh, and they offered me lousy Trade-In price so the cost to change was too high.

Name
    Dave McGuire

Trade in wise I known what you mean I was looking at a 599 recently but TBH the amount they offered me for my 360 Manual TDF was less than insulting have however been looking at another and the trade in is pretty good but in reality think I will keep the 360 and just buy the 599 not a bad pair in my garage.

Name
    jonnyjonkers

Quote Originally Posted by matkat View Post
    Trade in wise I known what you mean I was looking at a 599 recently but TBH the amount they offered me for my 360 Manual TDF was less than insulting have however been looking at another and the trade in is pretty good but in reality think I will keep the 360 and just buy the 599 not a bad pair in my garage.
    They'd make a nice pair as they're from different eras. I had a 355 before the 430 and it was just too similar in age to my Maranello (in fact both were 1997). Before the 355 was a 328 and that seemed a better pairing. I reckon a decade is about right IMHO.

I'm having to spend a bit of money on my 430 so it's a keeper for the next year or so. Roll on summer & sunshine

Right call imo. I have a 430 and a 612. I regularly think about changing but then I stand back and think I have a 430 and a 612! The pull needs to be very strong to consider changing. Im sure you feel the same about yours. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name
    jonnyjonkers

Quote Originally Posted by thecook101 View Post
    Right call imo. I have a 430 and a 612. I regularly think about changing but then I stand back and think I have a 430 and a 612! The pull needs to be very strong to consider changing. Im sure you feel the same about yours. Enjoy.
    Yep, I think the same, we just need to remind ourselves every so often.

A grey 612 rumbled past me today actually, sounded awesome. (Reg. GOR 1). I should add that to the 'Spotted' thread!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12