Thread: Alsa Automotive

Name
    Mike

Default Alsa Automotive

I need a few cosmetic issues remedied on my car and was considering using Alsa Automotive but I can't find any details about them. There don't seem to be any recent threads on here, the links to the website from a Google search don't seem to work and the Facebook page doesn't seem to have been updated since about 2012. Does anyone know if they're still trading?

A348W is offline I have a dodgy moustache - the Ferrari 308 Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Not sure to be honest. I was trying to contact them last winter for some work on my car but nobody ever answered the phone or answered emails so I gave up.

I was looking at Mitchell Motors which has a very good reputation when I asked around, long story but I never made it down.

Ended up going to Grandstand Coachworks, just around the corner from me and was happy with their work, and their rates are good

phillg is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    Phill Grimshaw

Recently stopped trading.
    Circumstances all a bit sad.
    A friend of mine had to go and collect his car in a hurry,found most of the parts removed and made several trips to get it all back home.
    There was someone who thought they could take the business on, however . I don't believe it happened.
    Spider,or coupe? Just get one of each.

Name
    Mike

Ok thanks for the information, I guess I'll have to try somewhere else. I'll follow up Grandstand Coachworks, thanks for the tip.

Sounds like a nightmare situation for all concerned, I guess customers have had to collect unfinished cars and will then have to try to get someone else to finish them off and reassemble something they didn't dismantle, every restorers dream! I guess the company will now have to refund monies for unfinished work and it could get quite messy...

Name
    Mike

Ok thanks very much for the information, I guess I'll have to find someone else. Thanks for the tip on the other bodyshop, I'll give them a try.

It sounds like a world of pain for all concerned with Alsa. I guess all of their customers will have had to collect their unfinished cars and will have to find someone else to finish them, unfortunately I don't think it will be easy finding someone to take on a job that someone else has started, particularly when they'd have to try to reassemble a car they didn't take apart. I would imagine that Alsa will now have to refund all these customers for unfinished work, what a mess

F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

Quote Originally Posted by 550Mike View Post
    Ok thanks very much for the information, I guess I'll have to find someone else. Thanks for the tip on the other bodyshop, I'll give them a try.

It sounds like a world of pain for all concerned with Alsa. I guess all of their customers will have had to collect their unfinished cars and will have to find someone else to finish them, unfortunately I don't think it will be easy finding someone to take on a job that someone else has started, particularly when they'd have to try to reassemble a car they didn't take apart. I would imagine that Alsa will now have to refund all these customers for unfinished work, what a mess
    IIRC customers generally had to pay a chunk up front too so they'll probably have to pay twice for some of the work