Thread: Forum access

Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Default Forum access

Please move if posted in the wrong section.

I've had a few mails whilst helping organise the Wales Weekend that people cannot access the forum as their passwords have expired. I guess this was following the issue a couple of years back.
    I'd have thought it was a simple reset process so is that not the case now? What happens after 5 attempts and you're locked out? Does it require a moderator to reset?

It might be worth revisiting this as it will not be encouraging infrequent/old members from visiting.

Nosevi is online now There's an outside too? Where? Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

With me it was simply a case of changing my password. Not sure what happens if you persist with trying to input the old one but will look into it. Do you know the username of anyone who has been locked out?

Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Bruce was locked out and Danno is still.....
    When I logged in the other day I took 4 out of 5 p/w attempts. Im not sure what happens at 5 and whether it needs moderator approval.

Ive done an email reset which has worked fine but Ive not had to do it after being locked out.

Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    Bruce was locked out and Danno is still.....
    When I logged in the other day I took 4 out of 5 p/w attempts. Im not sure what happens at 5 and whether it needs moderator approval.

Ive done an email reset which has worked fine but Ive not had to do it after being locked out.
    When you say Bruce WAS locked out and Danno is still, I'm assuming Bruce was locked out but no longer is? Did Bruce get the automatic email requesting a password change, did that and so was no longer locked out? Did Danno simply not get the email? Because it's automatically sent there's always a chance his email server could throw it in 'junk'. If you have coms with him could you suggest he looks just in case he hasn't yet and that's happened. In the meantime I'll see what I can do with the other Mods.

As luck would have it I'm locked out of the Moderating Panel so I'll need to wait for another Mod to check it but I've left a message for them to do that in the Admin area of the site.

F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    When you say Bruce WAS locked out and Danno is still, I'm assuming Bruce was locked out but no longer is? Did Bruce get the automatic email requesting a password change, did that and so was no longer locked out? Did Danno simply not get the email? Because it's automatically sent there's always a chance his email server could throw it in 'junk'. If you have coms with him could you suggest he looks just in case he hasn't yet and that's happened. In the meantime I'll see what I can do with the other Mods.

As luck would have it I'm locked out of the Moderating Panel so I'll need to wait for another Mod to check it but I've left a message for them to do that in the Admin area of the site.
    Bruce is back on I believe and sure they received the emails but they're both doddering old farts and probably didn't understand it

Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by F355GTS View Post
    Bruce is back on I believe and sure they received the emails but they're both doddering old farts and probably didn't understand it
    I can't criticise; I'm a Moderator who's locked himself out of the Moderating Panel .

F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    I can't criticise; I'm a Moderator who's locked himself out of the Moderating Panel .

francisn is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Admin dude
    Name
    Francis Newman

I will check. BTW, we are in the process of moving to a new admin, Graham is finally retiring, but moving things to a new ISP is not proving that easy .

So patience all round please.

francisn is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Admin dude
    Name
    Francis Newman

Could any who can't gain access please email me at francis.newman@webshot.co.uk. I will set up a new password for them and email it to them. They should then change it.